NRA Targets Obama Daughters; Limbaugh Mocks Murdered Children

by BizzyBee 246 Replies latest members politics

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think "assault" weapons are just the beginning. It is time to expand the ban.

Now, bear in mind, this is just me. I am speaking from an urban, non-gun household. We'll take our chances with bolted doors.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I Respect your opinion Bizzybee, But there is where we have to part ways

Do you recall the Petit family home invasion, where the only survivor

was the Doctor. I think it happened in connecticut. His wife and kids

died a horrible death

If a law is passed to take away all protection, only the criminals

will be armed. Laws are for honest folk. Criminals don't abide

If someone broke into my house. The first thing I'd ask myself is

what would Jesus do. Then do the opposite

I wonder if that doc is a gun owner today.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Expand what ban into what?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Expand what ban into what?

Expand a ban on assault weapons to a ban on other "high-capacity" weapons - whatever the next level is.

Bottom line is, we need to get rid of about 150 million guns - reduce our current domestic arsenal by half. IMHO.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh. So, is 10 the number? 15?

How did you arrive at 150 million? And why?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

How did you arrive at 150 million? And why?

EP:

just an opinion. I think we have too many guns in this country - one for every citizen. Consider that there are a lot of people like me - an urban-dweller who has NO guns - I feel that, for every successful gun intervention, there are several gun "episodes" - leading to injury or death - and on balance, is just not worth it.

I don't like the idea of being in a shopping mall with people packing a weapon. Or a theatre, a school, a grocery store, etc. More unintended accidents, impulsive tragedies (prisons full of them), lives ruined, ignorant people empowered by weapons beyond their capacity to intelligently utilize.

Meh. I don't like the idea of guns (or cars) in the hands of the average moron.

So, yeah, I'm one who would ban guns - so what? It'll never happen.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

OK, fair enough. Obviously I disagree. I am an urban dweller, I have 10 guns (and looking at 3-4 more). I obey the law, am licensed, train regularly, hunt, target shoot.

Consider that, at a minimum, I need 4 guns for hunting alone, a .22 for small game, shotgun for waterfowl and birds, my 30-30 and .270 for deer and larger game. I left off my browning 7MM rem mag because i could, of course, get by with out, it, but it is nice to have larger caliber with it's reach in some conditions.I am not including at all hunting with a blackpowder rifle during those seasons since I could use a bow (which I also own).

Just for hunting, 4 is the minimum.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes, EP, according to who and what you appear to be, I'm OK with people like you having your guns. Just more and more uneasy in public places. We attend theatre, rarely movies, shopping malls (not much), but have grandchildren who will be in those places, and of course, schools. It is such a wretchedly vulnerable feeling, moreso as every day goes by in this country.

Goodnight - not running away - it is bedtime here and I am tired.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

EP

No, they are not. A Ruger SR9 can hold 17+1 rounds. At the range I have emptied 35 rounds, including the time to change magazines, in just over 20 seconds.

Just wondering... How many hits did you make?

• designs
    designs

EP- Your collection sounds like the collection of the PO who studied with me back in the early 60s. He taught my brother and I how to shoot on his ranch in Colorado, he was all Navy pistol champ before becoming a Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit