Weird "new world" artwork from the 2013 calendar

by cedars 147 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

This is what jws would tell me when I wondered where we would get supplies from.....still doesn't explain where electricity will come from, vehicles, gas, oil,

*** Paradise Restored book pm chap. 21 p. 394 par. 63 Theocracy Triumphs over All the Nations ***

These priceless things the war survivors on earth will appreciate more than all the material spoils that the slain enemies will leave behind in abundance: “and the wealth of all the nations round about will certainly be gathered, gold and silver and garments in excessive abundance.”—Zechariah 14:14.

*** w75 10/15 p. 638 Jehovah a Refuge for Millions ***PROVISIONS FOR SURVIVORS

Will such destruction leave utter confusion on earth? Will those who have taken refuge in God be disorganized, uncertain as to what to do? Will they be destitute?

No, for the prophecy says about this: “And the wealth of all the nations round about will certainly be gathered, gold and silver and garments in excessive abundance.” (Zech. 14:14) There will certainly be enough to sustain all who have looked to Jehovah for protection, until they can put things in order and operate in the earth according to God’s revealed will for that time. Such information will come to them through the heavenly “New Jerusalem.”—Rev. 21:1-4.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I shudder to think what the JWs will do once all the bad people with their college educations are gone and the world is left to the Witnesses to maintain...

After Armageddon has passed, and the wicked have been destroyed with antimatter or eaten by birds, whichever, some Witnesses are touring the world that has been left behind for them, resplendent with material riches that will no longer be needed by their sinful former owners. After calling dibs on the best houses in one neighborhood, the local Witnesses decide to visit the strange building on the hill nearby. They read the plaque outside the door: Nuclear Power Plant. "Hey, this must be where our electricity's coming from! Let's take a look inside!" As they walk inside, they begin to hear a strange noise echoing down the corridors, dimly at first, then growing louder as they make their way towards it. A klaxon is sounding in a room with computer consoles that look like the Starship Enterprise.

Witness 1: Hmm, this screen says, "Fuel rod depletion in -23s. Enter authorization to select reserve N 0 tanks."

Witness 2: And this other one says, "Positive feedback loop detected. Please press AZ-5 to prevent meltdown." Wonder what that means.

Witness 1: Huh.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Also, those nice young ladies in March/April who are wading in the water are about to get a big surprise. Hint: what is the surfer on the right of the picture surfing on?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good thing all this food and equipment was left behind. WTH does it do??

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Okay, what's up with January/February and that Klingon in the upper RH corner?

Klingons in the new system? Did Jesus ransom them too?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I love how Jewish/Middle eastern he looks in Jan.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

*** w10 9/15 p. 20 par. 13 Christian Unity Glorifies God ***

God even anoints some women with holy spirit, giving them the prospect of ruling as kings with Christ. (Gal. 3:28; 1 Pet. 3:7)

Aside from the gender bending concept of women ruling as kings, there they are again with one of their favorite unscriptural weasel words. These women have a prospect of ruling as kings, not a promise. Lottery jackpot time here!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses anointed woman

• Sulla
    Sulla

I recall reading that a while back, compound complex. I hadn't paid any attention whatever to any of the elements he discusses in his note, but it certainly got me to thinking. Once you have a building, for example, one of the first questions is, "What shall we put on the walls?" For the JWs, the answer is a map of the territory, meeting schedule, year text. For Catholics, as a contrast, the walls will typically have stained glass pictures of saints and a representation of the stations of the cross. It is impossible to imagine a stronger contrast.

His point about the dour nature of the kingdom halls in contrast to the lurid images of the paradise -- good God! Look at that fruit! -- was also interesting.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How come the black dude is subservient to the white dude

smiddy

• wasblind
    wasblind

No meat, eggs, dairy products or vegetables. So perfect people or near perfect subsist only on fruit?______Blondie

Don't worry Blondie

when I get to paradise, I'm cookin' a HAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit