Weird "new world" artwork from the 2013 calendar

by cedars 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Cedar, thanks for the upload!

My opinioin: these are the most weird illustrations i have seen from WT. They are also new. Never was live in paradise so detailed illustrated.

When I see the pictures I feel fear, t hese sent shivers up my spine! Also I compare it with Chinese / North Korean communistic art.

This is weird so weird, strange, what's going on with WT?!? How low can they go? How far do they go?!?

Also: every angel is white. Jesus is white. In fact he was light coloured, a middle east man!

Gorby

• Sulla
    Sulla

I think September/October is the least bad of the lot. There's a long list of the things that are wrong with it, of course -- too cute, didactic, etc. -- but some of the others had such an odd foreshortening that I entertained the idea that it was on purpose. Still do, I guess: overloading the symbols of the new world by design for effect. Still, quite ghastly.

I will observe that they seem serious about affirming the future local cultural legitimacy, at least insofar as it relates to clothing and dishes.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Why are those kids being allowed to wander around in Sept/Oct? Shouldn't somebody take them back to the bathroom and smack them around?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Love the funny comments Cedars, very entertaining.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Cedars. Here is my version of Sept/Oct

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Do the women who are of the anointed have beards in heaven too? Do they look like men? Or maybe all of the anointed in heaven will look more like this .... guy?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w10 5/15 p. 14 par. 11 Women, Why Submit to Headship? ***

Just think of the great honor that 144,000 individuals have in being kings and priests in heaven under Christ when he rules over this earth! That number includes women. (Gal. 3:26-29)

*** w64 3/15 p. 180 par. 9 The Privileges of the Christian Woman ***

Some women were now in line to become kings and priests and reign with Christ Jesus along with the rest of the 144,000 Kingdom associates. This, however, would not be as women, but as glorious spirit creatures in the heavens. (Rom. 8:16, 17; Rev. 20:6; 14:1)

*** it-2 p. 1196 Woman ***

For those called by God to the heavenly calling (Heb 3:1) to be joint heirs with Jesus Christ, there is no distinction between men and women in a spiritual sense. The apostle writes: “You are all, in fact, sons of God through your faith in Christ . . . there is neither male nor female; for you are all one person in union with Christ Jesus.” (Ga 3:26-28) These all must receive a change of nature at their resurrection, being made partakers together of “divine nature,” in which state none will be women, for there is no female sex among spirit creatures, sex being God’s means for reproduction of earthly creatures.—2Pe 1:4.

*** g 10/08 p. 25 What Is the Nature of God? ***

The Bible’s use of the designation “Father” helps us to understand that our Creator can be compared to a loving, protective, and caring human father. (Matthew 6:9) This does not mean that we are to view God, or even other spirit creatures in heaven, as being male or female. Gender, in the sense of sex, is not a characteristic of their nature. Interestingly, the Bible indicates that those who are called to be joint heirs with Christ in his heavenly Kingdom do not expect to retain their human gender when they are glorified as spirit sons of God. The apostle Paul reminded them that “there is neither male nor female” within their ranks when they become glorified spirit sons of God.

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** w10 9/15 p. 20 par. 13 Christian Unity Glorifies God ***

God even anoints some women with holy spirit, giving them the prospect of ruling as kings with Christ. (Gal. 3:28; 1 Pet. 3:7)

It really goes gainst the grain with the WTS that EVEN WOMEN have the prospect of heavenly life.

George

• nugget
    nugget

Truly appalling. So they no longer feel the need to give pictures of the preaching work across the globe, I suppose a stall outside supermarket isn't that attractive.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I'm wondering why the builders need hard hats if they are perfect and won't have accidents and there is 'no sickness and death' etc

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit