Weird "new world" artwork from the 2013 calendar

by cedars 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I was told that I couldn't bring my surfboard on the "cramped and narrow road" because it wouldn't fit through the door to paradise. It always struck me as odd because my surfboards were much smaller than many a Bro or Sis.

• blondie
    blondie
    while our kids stretch their lung capacities to the limit among the verdant coral reefs.

First thing I noticed, also no swimsuits on the females, not even one piece, must have been a whim to jump in with a skirt...a revealing one when wet at that.

I don't see the white shark

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, you have an email!

• cedars
    cedars

May/June...

japan

Isaiah 65:21 "And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage."

Yes, it's time to get down to the serious work of building houses in, er, Japan. Hey - now that there are no tsunamis to worry about, you can build them as close to the water as possible! These particular dwellings are built to exploit the lovely view out towards the sea, facing away from the textile mill (that made the worker's clothes), the saw mill (that cut all that wood) and the oil refinery and plastic moulding factory responsible for making those nice gleaming hard hats.

Cedars

• perfect1
    perfect1

Your eyes would burn if you opened them up like that in the ocean.Or is salinity not a thing in the NewSys.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Blondie, the little girl on the right in the water looks like she has a swimsuit on.

BTW, I think the shark comment was a joke!

• perfect1
    perfect1

Also in May june that terracing is not even following the contours of the hill!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Re May and June, apparently the talent pool at Bethel has gotten more shallow. The terraced rice-paddies--or whatever they are--in the background are so poorly drawn it's just an embarrassment. Reminds me of the old "My Book of Bible Stories!" artwork: setting a new low in WT publication quality.

• perfect1
    perfect1

yeah that what Im saying 00D- the water would spill right out of those things!

• cedars
    cedars

Huge thanks to 00DAD for sending me a PDF of the calendar - I'm just uploading improved versions of the images while I have time.

Bear with me!!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit