Weird "new world" artwork from the 2013 calendar

by cedars 147 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

My mother-in-law has a strange obsession with calendars, and orders the Society's calendar each year. This year's calendar is especially weird. It features images depicting future events - in particular, the Society's vision of the new world order.

I've taken the opportunity to scan some of the images for you all to check out.

Please note - there are captions for each of the images, but I don't have the English language version of the calendar so I'd rather just quote the scripture used so as not to reveal which country I'm in.

Here's January/February...

Jesus

Daniel 7:14 "And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom..."

Jesus is here seen in a kind of "time lapse photography" moment, cleansing the Earth into a paradise over the course of his millennial reign. I was always taught that the Earth would be transformed through back-breaking work on the part of the Armageddon survivors, but apparently Jesus standing by the planet as though it is a snooker table and holding his arms out is sufficient when it comes to depicting all the work involved.

More to follow...

Cedars

• Open mind
    Open mind

Snickering at snooker.

Good one.

om

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Wow could Jesus look any LESS trustworthy in this?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Jesus looks like a youngish Santa. What's up with that?

• bohm
    bohm

Why do they draw jesus as a skinny santa?

Suggested caption: HO HO HO

• cedars
    cedars

March/April...

swimming

Matt 9:35 "And Jesus set out on a tour of all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom and curing every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity" (If you want to know what the scripture has to do with the illustration, you will need to ask someone in the Society's art department - preferably while they are not spliffing on something they shouldn't.)

The above artist's impression reminds us that, between the sweat and toil of burying Armageddon victims and landscaping an entire planet - there will be times for rest and relaxation. We can look forward to surfing on tropical beaches (like the one above in New New Jersey) while our kids stretch their lung capacities to the limit among the verdant coral reefs. Unfortunately, the kid cuddling with the great white shark is just out of view in this picture.

Cedars

• bohm
    bohm

mrsjones5: hahaha, we wrote that at the same time, guess it must be true :-).

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

All I can say is wow! The wife just hung it up (next to her bed). I'm sure each pic will be worthy of its own discussion thread. At least i didn't see any ties...

As far as Jan/Feb - that grin on Jesus is pretty disturbing.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Even before I faded I stopped ordering the calendar years before that. I just DON'T use physical calendars anymore.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Mar/April - so surfing will be allowed in the new system. Kowabunga! I wonder where the dude to the left got his neoprene vest from? Why would he need it in paradise? Water temp should be just right...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit