If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Can God Create a Rock So Heavy He Can't Lift It? - Can God Truly Be Omnipotent?

IF GOD CREATED EVERYTHING, WHO CREATED GOD?

"CAN JEHOVAH BE CAPABLE OF BEING "INCAPABLE"?

"IF GOD IS ALL-KNOWING, WHY DID HE CREATE SATAN, ADAM AND EVE?"

• AGuest
    AGuest
    AGuest-Why is killing the son of Pharoah considered righteous because Pharoah was warned? If Pharoah was the problem, why not just kill him, instead of making his son pay for something he didn't do? Visiting the error of the fathers upon the sons, I suppose.

The latter reason (visiting the error of the father on the son) notwithstanding, dear PTN (peace to you!), I explained in my post above (and note, wasn't just Pharaoh's son, but ALL of Egypt's firstborns, including firstborn daughters... and firstborn livestock):

Because... Pharaoh... and his people... considered him a god. It was not the man Pharaoh whom JAH went up against, but the god Pharaoh.

From the POV of a man who considers himself a god... as well as the people who follow him because they consider him a god... those they consider enemies aren't to be shown mercy. So, neither Pharaoh... nor his people... showed mercy on Israel (Pharaoh certainly didn't go out after Israel by himself!). As a result, not only did Pharaoh lose his life, but that of many of his people, including his own child.

This shouldn't be too hard to understand... and certainly not something to blame God for... at least not, any more than we blame man for. Which we don't. I offer the so-called "Arahitogami," Showa Emperor of Japan, Hirohito. He was a man who declared himself... and whose people considered and revered him as... a god. Both, to the point of acting against the U.S. during WWII. During that conflict, Hirohito showed no mercy: he not only attacked the U.S. but sacrificed many of his own people in doing so... people who went willingly (or sent their sons/dedicated their daughters, etc. willingly)... because they were following their god. The result? The U.S. dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima. While Hirohito escaped that event... a great many of his own people did not. Including people who may not have even known what the heck was going on, let alone took part it in.

But, again, in some eyes, such were nothing more than "casualities of war.' An inconvenience. Just as some other deaths (like abortion, but certainly not limited to that) are the results of what some consider an "inconvenience."

[And, again, I don't have an opinion on the matter... one way or the other. And I certainly don't give a HANG so I most certainly am NOT shaking in MY boots about some blowhard "seeing red" on the topic. If someone said to me they were against it, I would say that my position is that what another does with their body is none of MY business and if they must answer it will be to God and not me. If someone said to me they were for it, I would say then they certainly can't have a judgmental opinion as to when children are put to death in other ways because their really is no difference: a child is put to death. If they wanted to argue about the viability of a fetus I would share with them that what I received from MY Lord is that just as with plant life... i.e., so long as there is a viable embryo in the seed, life starts at the beginning of germination, when the seed splits and the embryo begins to form into a seedling... the life of a human starts the same exact way: when the seed... or egg... splits and an embryo begins to form into a fetus. Which occurs at the moment the seed... egg... is fertilized (with a plant, it is when the embryo takes in water). Now, whether they can receive that or not is entirely on them - I wouldn't care one way or the other, because the only one I can keep an eye on is myself. I am my brother's keeper, yes, but not his judge or jailer. I digress.).

And so, it was not the MAN Pharaoh against whom the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, came; it was the god "Pharaoh." A god... that did not show mercy to True God, JAH of Armies... by not showing it to the PEOPLE of that One: Israel... and THEIR sons. In persecuting Israel, the god Pharaoh... and his followers... were persecuting God Himself.

So, He (God) asked, and asked, and asked... politely, respectfully, kindly. To no avail. So, then He warned, and warned, and warned. Sort of like what the U.S. is doing with Iran. But just like the U.S. will feel itself justified if it MUST finally come against Iran (NOT saying it will be, not me, no sir!)... so, too, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, WAS justified in coming against Egypt. Because Egypt showed NO mercy to JAH... and so none was shown to it.

If man, then, can see it as righteous when HE acts on behalf of HIS people... how ever could the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, NOT act on behalf of HIS? What kind of TRUE God would NOT act? Would that not be UNrighteous?? The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, is merciful, yes. And slow to anger. AND abundant in loving kindness. But He is not a coward.

What, though, of the GOOD people of Egypt, those who knew Pharaoh's treatment of Israel to be wrong? Surely you know: they joined and so left Egypt with Israel.

Had he shown mercy to Israel mercy, Pharaoh would have been shown mercy. Him AND his people. Again, because to the extent he did it to the least one of Israel... he would have been doing it to JAH. He not only failed to show mercy, though. No, he took it step farther. Even after all that he had brought upon his people, even after sacrificing the firstborn of ALL of his people, including his own son... he STILL set out after Israel so as to bring them back under HIS yoke of slavery.

Bad decision.

I hope this helps, dear PTN, and again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. Don't forget that it was the god "Pharaoh" who attempted kill all of ISRAEL'S firstborn sons... and almost did. MANY were slaughtered. Except perhaps few, most notably Moses.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

God is either mentally retarded, made up by humans or a jackass.

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

its more honest to simply say the story is wrong or somehow the bible got corrupted over the years, that try and excuse it because you just look like a total ass.

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

its more honest to simply say the story is wrong or somehow the bible got corrupted over the years, that try and excuse it because you just look like a total ass.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Anyway, when Jehovah was trying to choose which model of Kindle to buy, he decided against the Kindle Fire because it sounded Satanic.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    its more honest to simply say the story is wrong or somehow the bible got corrupted over the years,

The story isn't "wrong", dear mp (peace to you!)... nor was it corrupted (although many stories in the Bible are). I mean, that all of the details aren't there doesn't mean it's wrong. Even so, the question was asked. A response was supplied. If you didn't want to know the response... why read the thread? If all you want to hear is that the story is "wrong"... why bother to even ask or consider that there might be a different response? Why bother to consider any response other than what YOU believe the answer is? I mean, you "know" what you "know"... right? So why be SO concerned when what someone else knows differs from what YOU "know" (or, more truthfully, think you know)?

that try and excuse it because you just look like a total ass.

What one looks like (here, an "ass") is in the eye of the beholder, is it not? Hence, I could say the same thing about how your response makes YOU look. I have a bit of respect and regard for you, though, so I won't. But I COULD...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I have a bit of respect and regard for you, though, so I won't. But I COULD...

So sad it's funny.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    God is either mentally retarded, made up by humans or a jackass.

Golly, EP, that's harsh, man! Don't be surprised if Elohim... and/or his servant dear DavePerez (peace!)... are offended. The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, isn't that thin-skinned, though. Indeed, He's been called worse, MUCH worse, actually, as has His Son, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). As have I, their servant.

Feel free to believe, then, that neither of us is offended by such insults. They really are quite paltry... and sort of schoolchild-ish... when compared to what the priests of Egypt, worshippers of Ba'al... priests, scribes, Pharisees... and others... have bantied about.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So sad it's funny.

Laugh... or cry. Whatever you feel you need to do.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit