If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

mP: -> AGUEST Please add my nick in front of my saying when you quote me so its obvious who says what

mP: why would he lower his standards to such a monster like Jephthah.

AGUEST: See, that is where you miss the point of the account. He DIDN'T lower His standards at all. To the contrary, He upheld them. HIS standard is let your yes MEAN yes... and your no, no. That you PAY what you VOW. Which is why we should not swear... because you could be held to it. Which is why a marriage VOW is so important to Him mP: And the fact he rewards someone who offers and performs human sacrifice is well completely ignored by you. Strange why he helped Jepthath and at no stage rebukes him or make it clear in the scripture that human sacrifice is wrong. Thi sis pure evil and if i retold this story with names from another culture you would condemn it and rightly so.
  • mP
    mP

TEC:

Except that he did not fail to speak against anything. In addition to the couple things I pointed out already (which are just a bare minimum)... His words cover every possible evil you could think of... because love covers such (as does the golden rule... unless you, (whomever) are twisting that to suit yourself - in which case you are revealing what is in your heart, are you not?)

mP:

Firstly just in case you didnt know Jesus was not the first to say the golden rule. You fail to see that the saying while warm and fuzzy is not practical in terms of deciding everything. Different people have different opinions about love and who are their eequals. We have seen this in the American south. Everyone there would swear to God, they loved their fellow man and treated him in the same spirit as what Jesus said but the fact is they didnt ssee blacks etc as their equals so they were exempt.

Someone you never acknowledge this because you know in your heart this is true and unasnwerable.

You tell me this saying covers everythign but Jesus goes out of his way to mention the payment of taxes, obedience to masters and many other things that are an advantage to the rich. WHy doesnt he state anything about the week and poor ? Where are the sayings against slavery ? WJhy on earth would he tell stories, parables and directly tell slaves he encounters to basically shutup and be obedient aand yet never condemn slavery ?

TEC:

Same as it reveals what is in the hearts of people, when they use that as an excuse (well, he did not come out and directly say that I can't do 'such and such') to do whatever they want. Like finding a loophole. But you can't hide what is in you, from God.

mP:

This is utter crap. Jesus didnt even try and and say a single word against slavery. Its amazing he spends on many occassions telling us nonsense stuff but actually helping and condemning slavery which affected and killed the millions and billions and slaves, he cant even spare 10 words.

Im sorry i give everyone a fair go and i would like to think i am honest and fair. The fact i criticize Jesus is because i set high standards especially for people and figures who supposedly want to be the example for all to copy. If we accept these poor examples, we make it too easy for the arseholes of this world to thrive. We can see hthis happened in the Roman Catholic church for too long because of what Jesus said.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ah...and here comes the bullshit...followed by more bullshit.

Aguest...what do you think of the concept of God = Energy. With this as an understanding of the type of energy I am referring to. Is your God energy? Or something physical? Do you believe it exists within our universe or outside of it?

I did ask you to explain...and you told me I couldn't understand. IN FACT, you went to great lengths telling me, in a variety of ways how I wouldn't understand. Instead of ANSWERING my question. I understand though. Must have been difficult without tec there to translate for you.

Maybe tec could explain for you now...she's much better than you at explaining what you meant to say...thanks tec...if you wouldn't mind...

And as for the DUDE comments...I thought they were all funny. Take it up with cofty if you have an issue about it. I wasn't actually apologising for something I thought was silly anyway.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I rarely answer for her. Shelby can answer for herself. ..tec

You wouldn't think so the way you OFTEN answer FOR her. And explain things that she says. JUST LIKE YOU DID ABOVE explaining why it is ok for her to assign motive...and why she would do it.

• tec
    tec

Firstly just in case you didnt know Jesus was not the first to say the golden rule.

I do know. Although He came FIRST... so it came FROM him. But yes, it was stated by others, before Christ said it when he was in the flesh.

You fail to see that the saying while warm and fuzzy is not practical in terms of deciding everything. Different people have different opinions about love and who are their eequals. We have seen this in the American south. Everyone there would swear to God, they loved their fellow man and treated him in the same spirit as what Jesus said but the fact is they didnt ssee blacks etc as their equals so they were exempt.

I would say, again, that it reveals what is within a person... how they twist something to suit themselves; and then mislead others into thinking that it is true. Blind leading the blind.

I mean, we also have do not commit murder; do not steal; do not bear false testimoney; do not judge; bless those who persecute you; etc, etc... and people still DO these things. Or find some way to justify them to themselves. If a person wants to, he/she WILL find a way to make it right (to them), what they want to do, even though it is wrong. Even when they know that it is wrong.

It is called justifying.

Someone you never acknowledge this because you know in your heart this is true and unasnwerable.

Something you mean?

I do not acknowledge your opinion as being true, because I can see how it is not.

You tell me this saying covers everythign but Jesus goes out of his way to mention the payment of taxes, obedience to masters and many other things that are an advantage to the rich.

He is not the one who decided what got chosen to be included in the bible; He is also not the one who decided what questions got asked. He also spoke of things that the people would understand, using anaologies that they would be able to grasp... unless they could not "see", that is.

WHy doesnt he state anything about the week and poor ?

How in the world can you expect me to think that you have any sort of accurate knowledge about even the bible, when you make a statement like this?

'sell all you have, give it to the poor, and follow me'

He fed the hungry, healed the sick, gave to the poor; instructed us to do the same, feed the hungry, give shelter to the poor wanderer, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, give to those in need, give to anyone who asks of you, etc, etc. Not only did he teach this by word, but he DID this as well.

Where are the sayings against slavery ? WJhy on earth would he tell stories, parables and directly tell slaves he encounters to basically shutup and be obedient aand yet never condemn slavery ?

This conversation, you and I have had, in detail. I started a thread about it, remember? I will grab the link... brb...

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC:

I would say, again, that it reveals what is within a person... how they twist something to suit themselves; and then mislead others into thinking that it is true. Blind leading the blind.

mP:

Im not sure i understand but that sounds completely dumb. I think your saying this proverb by JC is a test to see just how good people are. Thats utterly crazy, the people who need real rules are the aresholes in socieety. Jesus failure in this case created the misery that was xianity for 2000 years.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

He is not the one who decided what got chosen to be included in the bible; He is also not the one who decided what questions got asked. He also spoke of things that the people would understand, using anaologies that they would be able to grasp... unless they could not "see", that is.

mP:

Who is "HE" ? Are we talking abotu ejesus or jehovah or both ? Given both helped create the universe surely asking them to give us an acccurate uncorrupted Bible is not too much. Any less and they look incompetant.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Argh christian honesty, where they twist, redefine, change the meanings of words, but its all true. Face the facts you are about as much a slave of christ as you are a healer. TO be a slave, you must actually be a slave, which involves working most of the week for y9our master. We all have it easy nowdays i seriously doubt you do anything for christ, because if you did you would have listed your daily activities in service of your master. I await your answer with interest.

Well, actually, I wouldn't have so listed, mp... for three reasons:

1. I have been taught by my Lord to not go blowing a horn ahead of me when giving gifts of mercy (which I do, on his behalf - Praise JAH, we live in an age where I don't even have to leave my house if I don't want to to GIVE such gifts);

2. I have been taught by my Lord to not let my left hand know what my right hand is doing;

3. I am due no kudos or recognition for whatever it is I DID do... because I am a good-for-nothing-servant and so only did what I OUGHT to have done anyway.

I will share with you, however, that I am slave, just as Michael, the spirit who gave John the revelation... and my FELLOW slave of Christ... stated. Twice, John fell down at this one's feet to worship him, for which he said to John:

"Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of [Jesus]. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." Revelation 19:10 "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!" Revelation 19:10; 22:9 The Greek word used in both places for fellow servant is "syndoulos" (Strong's G4889). The word "doulah"... which is a kind of nurse/maidservant" comes from it. The thing is, syndoulos doesn't really mean "fellow servant". The word comes from the root words "syn (Strong's G4862) which means "with" (as in with another, or fellow person)... and "doulos"... which means "slave" (Strong's G1401). Strong's describes "doulos" as (please notice the bolded writing):

1) a slave, bondman, man of servile condition

a) a slave

b) metaph., one who gives himself up to another's will; those whose service is used by Christ in extending and advancing his cause among men

c) devoted to another to the disregard of one's own interests

2) a servant, attendant

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G1401&t=KJV

Now, some might take issue that this definition is from a Bible-related site, but they only need use a word translator and translate the Greek word "doulos" (or δο?λος) to English. I did it here (it if comes out):

http://translate.reference.com/translate?query=%CE%B4%CE%BF%E1%BF%A6%CE%BB%CE%BF%CF%82&src=el&dst=en

So then, given that what Michael actually said was that he was a fellow SLAVE of John and his brothers... that would make ME a FELLOW slave of them... and hence, a slave of Christ.

I hope this helps!

A slave of Christ, really... not kidding at all...

SA

• mP
    mP

TEC:

How in the world can you expect me to think that you have any sort of accurate knowledge about even the bible, when you make a statement like this?

'sell all you have, give it to the poor, and follow me'

mP:

Firstly this was a one off commandment to some apostles at that moment. It was not a general law to follow. I would have thought that was obvious. Anyone who didnt follow Jesus around the country side could rightly say Jesus never told me to do anything like that towards helping the poor.

• tec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit