If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The same place you do.

• tec
    tec

The same place you do.

No, you do not. Christ is my authority. Yours is not (by your own admission)... or you would look to Him first. Then you might also see His Father.

You could try it, you know. Forget that you think things should be based on... ??... and instead look at Christ to see God. Look at Christ to know the Truth of God. You could try that for a while, and ask for eyes to be able to see what it is you cannot see at the moment. Which is... Christ.

Peace to you,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, you do not.

Yes I do.

Actually, you're the one who's math... and reading challenged, EP, because Christ existed before Abraham.

Incorrect. Find me the word "Christ" in the bible before it mentions Abraham.

But I'm thinking that since "douche" is your new word learned for the day, you're probably just having another bad day.

I'm actually having a great day. I slept in, had some really great coffee this morning, got the house cleaned, had an awesome lunch, did a little work, picked up my kids from school and we've been having a great time. I really don't care what insults you make up and try to pass of, it doesn't bother me in the least, I only post the truth to show the board the magnitude of much you think incorrectly.

He didn't make your life "douche-y", EP. You did. YOUR choices Based on YOUR "smarts." Heck, you don't need no douche-y God, right?

Sorry, Shelby, your game of trying to shift your lack of a coherent argument onto me by suggesting I am somehow deficient and lame isn't working. There is little point in engaging in conversation with someone that obfuscates, lies, uses personal insults and twists words to suit whatever immediate purpose is at hand. Perhaps you can find someone to wallow in the mud of shallow arguments in a cheap game of manipulative point scoring with you, but that person is not me.

I hope you have a great of a day as I am.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, since we both don't have much to do, right now (I mean, I gotta get dinner out in a bit but I'm unemployed otherwise for a bit more - how 'bout you?)

Find me the word "Christ" in the bible before it mentions Abraham.

What would seeing it in the Bible prove to YOU? You don't believe the Bible has any truth in it, so...

But here, try this:

"... Amen, amen, lego hymin prin Abraam ginomai ego eimi." John 8:58

Now, I know you're going to try to play your usual can't-dazzle-'em-with-brilliance-so-gonna-try-and-baffle-'em-with-bullock-feces "games" and say, "No, I said 'Find me the word 'Christ'... before it mentions Abraham, so that doesn't work!" And so, if you need to play that childish semantical game, feel free. The point is made, though, whether YOU recognize it or not. BTW - I've posted it as I have so that perhaps you will bother to look it up... as their translation from the Greek TRULY mean.

I'm actually having a great day. I slept in, had some really great coffee this morning, got the house cleaned, had an awesome lunch, did a little work, picked up my kids from school and we've been having a great time.

Yep, sounds fab!

I really don't care what insults you make up and try to pass of, it doesn't bother me in the least, I only post the truth to show the board the magnitude of much you think incorrectly.

I truly wasn't trying to insult you, but state the truth to you ("What, because I tell you the truth you no longer consider me a friend?"). I do find it QUITE interesting that you can HURL insults that YOU'VE made up, though. Smacks of hypocri... well, you know where I'm going. But no worries - neither my Lord, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... nor the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies Himself... are bothered by YOUR insults. Prolly a "guy" thing... but I'm not really reduced to tears, either, so prolly not...

Sorry, Shelby, your game of trying to shift your lack of a coherent argument onto me by suggesting I am somehow deficient and lame isn't working.

What? But, now, here I thought you LIKED that game... shifting a lack of coherent argument onto another by suggesting they are somehow deficient and lame. I mean, those are almost your very words, literally. Or maybe you mean something else by "douche"? Please, tell us: what do YOU mean the words "douche" and "douche nozzle" to mean when YOU call others by them? Surely, you intend them to mean "deficient" AND "lame"... right?

There is little point in engaging in conversation with someone that obfuscates, lies, uses personal insults and twists words to suit whatever immediate purpose is at hand.

Lordy, don't I KNOW it, and really wish you would stop doing it once and for all...

Perhaps you can find someone to wallow in the mud of shallow arguments in a cheap game of manipulative point scoring with you, but that person is not me.

Au contrare, mon friar - you actually created the mudhole and did the first "geronimo!" in! If figure, what the, heck, he's splashing around anyway so I'm bound to get some mud on me, so to heck with it, what's a little mud? So, yeah, I maybe got a toe or two in there. But I left the wallowin' up to you, luv.

I hope you have a great of a day as I am.

Better, even! Didn't sleep in (ewwww, not my thing)... had a great cup o' tea first thing... no house cleaning to do (done), no work (no need right now), no kids to pick up (grown and doggies don't go to school, so no lost boots or mittens to find), light lunch (popcorn, Babybel and two jalapenos)... and GREAT "conversation"! On TWO boards, no less! Oh, and taught a dear one how to post links and images. All in all... and pretty good day, if you ask me.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

People please pray for me not to write what I think about Abraham and Isaac. Abortion is a topic where I see red. Ignorance is abundant but sometimes you read it in such lethal doses, you just cannot imagine an actual human believing such utter rubbish.

Sometimes I think the veracity of a claim from the writer's viewpoint is not important. Rather, the sheer drama is more important. Some would rather be infamous than respected.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You can save your nasty attitude, cheap lies and PeeWee Herman arguments for someone they'll work on, Shelby. They fall rather flat and ring hollow.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Better question, if he can read hearts, and that is what matters, why do we need to preach to people?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is utterly immoral to sacrifice your child (and yes, a son who is worth far more than a daughter) no matter who does the askiing. The request itself should make YHWH despised in all faith traditions. I've often heard rabbis speak of this passage. Unless they are very conservative or Hasidic, they freely admit that God is wrong. Imagine Isaac's terror. Knowing your father would kill you b/c he heard voices.

A true God does not test people. This is one bloody revolting story. It is the top three all worse and immoral things in the Bible.

I have a sense of values from what C.S. Lewis observed in Mere Christianity. Almost every culture and religion around the globe have similar moral judgments. Do not commit burglary. Do not steal. Do not murder/kill. Respect your parents. Pay respect to your gods and your country. YHWH is worse than Hitler, Genghis Khan, whatever, here.

The Bible is not a comforting book. Parts of it make me cry b/c it is so beautiful. Other parts make me want to vomit. Also, in cultural terms, the religion says more about humans at the time than any story about God. If one believes, God existed countless billions of year before Abraham. I am not well read about Middle Eastern sacrifice or whether strands of the Isaac story appear in earlier Canannite traditions. The only thing I can suggest as a believer (and I am stretching a lot) that whatever reason for making up this story when written, it has no applicability to today. Justice, fairness, trust, proper boundaries -- ageless themes are in the story.

If this were a story in the Koran, we would cite it as how crazy Islamists are. It is a very, very bad story. Any person with morals should be offended.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

AGuest-Why is killing the son of Pharoah considered righteous because Pharoah was warned? If Pharoah was the problem, why not just kill him, instead of making his son pay for something he didn't do? Visiting the error of the fathers upon the sons, I suppose.

• AGuest
    AGuest

The truth is that we DON'T "need" to preach, dear Mr. Freeze (peace to you!). Even if none of us did, the rocks would cry out. Sharing the truth about God and Christ (notice, I stated "truth") is not because some religion, book, or other human said you should (a LOT of other "stuff" said to BE about God/Christ is, though).

Sharing the truth about God and Christ... is the result of two (2) things: love... and holy spirit, the blood of God. Jeremiah explained it quite well:

"For the word of JaHVeH has become for me
    a reproach and derision all day long.
    If I say, “I will not mention him,
    or speak any more in his name,”
    there is in my heart as it werea burning fire
    shut up in my bones,
    and I am weary with holding it in,
    and I cannot." Jeremiah 20:8b, 9

The spirit... is in the bones, dear Mr. F. And the bones... make blood. And the it is the blood... that speaks. And for those who speak the TRUTH about God and Christ... it is the blood of God... holy spirit... IN such one... that speaks. And it speaks the TRUTH... about Him, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and about the Truth, His Son, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah).

Thus, is not the one speaking... but the blood of God, holy spirit, that is IN such a one... that is speaking.

I hope this helps and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit