If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The truth often is harsh.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

She states she is in the same group as God and Jesus. Shelby, this may be a news flash for you. Christians believe Jesus is God. They are not two separate beings as you imply. Otherwise, Christianity would merely be one of many strands of Judaism. To any Jew, the notion that any human could be God is unthinkable. I truly believe the assertion that Jesus is God was the reason Stephen was stoned. Stephen and his companions have Greek names, distinct from James,Peter who evidently worshipped in the Temple without being stoned. So many Jews were sons of God in the Bible that Jesus being God's son would not warrant a stoning.

The Old Testament was written for Jews. It is the Jewish sacred scriptures. Christians are so wrong when they read all these prophecy fullfillments in the OT. It is more likely the church, combing the OT for any sign of legitimacy for Christianity, that did the work. Jews are happy with their scriptures. If all these prophecies were so obviously fulfilled in Jesus, there should be no Jewish left.

• tec
    tec

Well, I don't believe that Christ and God are the same being, Band. From what we have written of Christ's own words, He did not state this either. That His Father was IN him, just as He is IN those who belong to Him.

Peace to you,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

She states she is in the same group as God and Jesus.

Uh... ummmm... if you're speaking about me, then you are wrong: I state NO such thing. And if you knew me... you would know that. But... you don't know me. At all. And at the rate you're going... it'll be a long time before you... and under very different circumstances.

Shelby, this may be a news flash for you. Christians believe Jesus is God.

Actually, they don't, Band. Those who claim to be "christians," might. But one who is a christian (because such one has received the CHOOSING, by means of an anointing with the promised holy spirit) knows better. Because they know the One who gave them such spirit, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... by means of that One... the One who gave it to HIM, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. Hence, not only would they know that the Holy One and MOST Holy One, while in union... are not the same person... they would know that neither is "Jesus."

They are not two separate beings as you imply.

I don't imply. I state it as truth. Because it is the truth. Now, if you can't grasp that truth, what is that to me?

Otherwise, Christianity would merely be one of many strands of Judaism. To any Jew, the notion that any human could be God is unthinkable.

Well, some DO believe that...

To any Jew, the notion that any human could be God is unthinkable.

Which is accurate: God was never human. There were Jews, though... and many, in fact... who not only believed... but KNEW a human could be the SON of God. MANY humans could be, actually. Peter... a JEW... stated the former TO that Son:

"... he asked his disciples, “Who do people say thatthe Son of Man is?” And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God. And [Jesus] answered him, Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven." Matthew 16:13-17

... and Paul... ANOTHER JEW... wrote about the latter to the Romans:

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sonsof God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ..."Romans 8:14-17

Now the account states that "we" are heirs... of GOD... and FELLOW heirs... WITH Christ. So, tell us, please, if Christ is an HEIR... who does HE inherit FROM? Himself? C'mon... you're a lawyer: what man inherits from HIMSELF? Your knowledge of simple property law, wills, trusts, and estates should answer that for YOU.

I truly believe the assertion that Jesus is God

Free will entitles you to "truly believe" whatever you WANT to. Doesn't mean it's TRUE. And in this case, you obviously don't even understand simple estate law. A man does not inherit from himself... but from a divisOR/grantOR... he being the divisEE/grantEE. Or... wait for it... heir:

heir/e(?)r/

Noun
    1. A person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death.
    2. A person inheriting and continuing the legacyof a predecessor
    was the reason Stephen was stoned.

Nope. The account TELLS us why Stephen was stoned:

"... they could not withstand the wisdom and the Spirit with which he was speaking." Acts 6:10

And you know a little sumpin'-sumpin' about that, don't you... because you have the SAME problem.

Stephen and his companions have Greek names,

You DO realize that there were GREEK (as in nationality) Jews... right? I mean, the Septuagint was written by GREEK Jews. Jew... is not just a nationality; it is a bloodline. Timothy was a Greek Jew (his father was a Greek, so he was Greek by nationality, but his mother was a Jew, so he was Jew by ethnicity, bloodline... and religion).

distinct from James, Peter who evidently worshipped in the Temple without being stoned.

Ummmm... do DO realize that Peter was known by both a Jewish name (Simon) AND a Greek name (Petros)?

So many Jews were sons of God in the Bible that Jesus being God's son would not warrant a stoning.

Unless... apparently... you WERE that Son... or someone who professed a love of... or allegiance TO... that Son. Right?

The Old Testament was written for Jews.

Some of it, yes (well, the Old COVENANT, which is part of the "Old Testament," yes, but what we today call the "Old Testament" includes much more than just the Law Covenant... and is different from what Jews today look to (i.e., the Talmud, which includes the Mishnah and Gemerah, etc.)...

Christians are so wrong when they read all these prophecy fullfillments in the OT.

But wait: aren't YOU a "christian"? Do you even READ what you post??

It is more likely the church, combing the OT for any sign of legitimacy for Christianity, that did the work.

Don't even know what you mean here... and would wager than once your meds wear off... you'll realize that you don't know, either...

Jews are happy with their scriptures.

Band, MOST of the world is "happy" with their "scriptures". Even "christianity." That's the PROBLEM:

"You search the scriptures because you THINK that by means of them you will have life..." John 5:39, 40

If all these prophecies were so obviously fulfilled in Jesus, there should be no Jewish left.

Oh, no... no, no, no... no: Revelation 13:3, 12; Jeremiah 30:12-17; 33:6, 7; Hosea 6:1; Romans 11:24-32

So, what can we glean from this particular interchange? That for all of your education, studying, worship, and belief... you really don't have a CLUE about these things but can only state what you "believe." Unfortunately, that isn't enough. Because even the demons... believe.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Don't even know what you mean here... and would wager than once your meds wear off... you'll realize that you don't know, either...

Your false love fits in perfectly with the disgusting insults and self righteousness ignorance you spew all over the forum.

• AGuest
    AGuest

False love? Love speaks the truth, EP. Always. Even if it hurts. Which what I did hear. Love doesn't WANT to hurt; but the TRUTH... might hurt. That is the truth. Lies, though... tend to "tickle". You know... feel "good." That's the truth, too.

So, if because I tell you the truth you no longer consider me a friend... then I would have to consider whether you were ever MY friend... in the firstplace. How COULD you be... if you want ME to be a liar?

Love... does not others to be liars... simply because one cannot bear the truth. Because love... and truth... originate with God. Lies... originate with the father OF the lie.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I love the truth, that's why I spoke it. Your insults are disgusting.

• AGuest
    AGuest

As is your oft crassness and self-adoration (how can any of us stand in the shadow of your awesomeness? Surely we cannot)... but you don't see ME complaining...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Weak attempts to insult me do not detract from the disgusting insults and lies you attempt to spread. And dear, sweet, Shelby, of course we are still friends. Hate the sin, love the sinner! You have a big hug waiting from me should the occasion arise for us to meet!

However, that does not excuse your horrific behavior.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Weak attempts to insult me do not detract from the disgusting insults and lies you attempt to spread. And dear, sweet, Shelby, of course we are still friends. Hate the sin, love the sinner! You have a big hug waiting from me should the occasion arise for us to meet!
    However, that does not excuse your horrific behavior.

Likewise, of course, EP... in every sense of every word! I ain't mad at'cha!

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. You gotta KNOW the Truth to love him, though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit