If Jehovah Can Read Hearts Then WHY

by BlindersOff1 301 Replies latest watchtower bible

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I never thought you were. But, saying things like "when the meds wear off" to other posters, suggesting they are on drugs, is unacceptable.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    saying things like "when the meds wear off" to other posters, suggesting they are on drugs, is unacceptable.

Wait, so suggesting that they ARE on drugs (which can be evident from their posts) is unacceptable... even if it's true... but totally acceptable when it's NOT true (i.e., a lie or implied) or suggested that one should be [on drugs]??

Well, there you GO - the TRUTH! Which is that "you" don't even know what hypocrisy IS. Goodness, man: do you know that you just explained the entire situation with Jehovah's Witnesses... and "yourselves" in ONE word? Denial. Don't Even kNow I t's ALie.

I am not looking to you... or any one here... for "acceptance," EP. So, if something I've stated is "unacceptable" in your opinion... that is really not of concern to me. Anymore than YOU might be concerned that I consider something YOU state as "unacceptable." Surely... SURELY... you know THAT, by now. If not, you really haven't been paying attention.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Wait, so suggesting that they ARE on drugs (which can be evident from their posts) is unacceptable... even if it's true... but totally acceptable when it's NOT true (i.e., a lie or implied) or suggested that one should be [on drugs]??

It's not acceptable in either case, particularly since you have no way of knowing it's true.

Goodness, man: do you know that you just explained the entire situation with Jehovah's Witnesses... and "yourselves" in ONE word? Denial.

I am plural? I have no idea what you are on about. In any event, avoiding discussing your issues and trying to project your abhorrent behavior onto me is not getting you anywhere.

I am not looking to you... or any one here... for "acceptance," EP. So, if something I've stated is "unacceptable" in your opinion... that is really not of concern to me.

Interesting strawman, to be sure, but the issue is that you are lying and making false (or unknowable) accusations and that behavior should have been weeded out and corrected by the third grade. It's unacceptable in adults attempting to have a rational conversation.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have only read page one so maybe this was already covered - the God of the O.T. was a real ball-buster so the Bible writers needed a story that made "Him" stop the killing at least once.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Au contraire, mon frere. French 101.

• mP
    mP

TEC:

Well, I don't believe that Christ and God are the same being, Band. From what we have written of Christ's own words, He did not state this either. That His Father was IN him, just as He is IN those who belong to Him.

Peace to you,

tammy

mP:

Given you invent much and simply ignore the inconvenient about Jesus, why cant anyone do the same about Mohammad or Buddha or perhaps someone most admire their mum and dad ? Why cant i say my mum and dad are christs ?

• mP
    mP

AGuest:

Golly, EP, that's harsh, man! Don't be surprised if Elohim... and/or his servant dear DavePerez (peace!)... are offended. The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, isn't that thin-skinned, though. Indeed, He's been called worse, MUCH worse, actually, as has His Son, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). As have I, their servant.

mP:
    How do you explain that Jehovah is never given a peaceful or loving name or attributes in the OT ? The majority of his titles are always of Armies, death violence, never Jehovah the nice God ? Perhaps my statement *NEVER* is an exaggeration but if there are a few nice titles, then its prolly a very small number ? WHy does such a loving God have such a poor attribution of titles ?

• EntirelyPossible
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    How do you explain that Jehovah is never given a peaceful or loving name or attributes in the OT ? The majority of his titles are always of Armies, death violence, never Jehovah the nice God ?

Unfortunately, you are under a couple of misconceptions, dear mp (good morning and peace to you!). First, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH... of Armies... is not the "Jehovah", "Elohim," "Adonai," literally... or as depicted in the OT... and not necessarily the "Yahweh", "YHWH", or even "JHVH" depicted there. That "harsh" god is the one created by the falst prophets and false priests of Israel... in order to have some leverage over Israel's enemies. This is why Christ, whose God I serve, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... said OF those who "wrote" these things (not the Prophets but the scribes)... "WOE to you... scribes... hypocrites!" They changed SO many things, dear one, that Christ himself had to call them to task for it. And he wasn't just talking about the scribes of HIS day... because he all the way back to Cain with his condemnation (of their WORKS).

That He is JAH "of Armies"... meaning of war... is another misconception. While Israel tried to make Him out to BE a war-mongerer (which would make Him a hypocrite, would it not, given His reason for not letting David build His temple - the blood that one spilled in war?)... He is actually a farmer/gardner/cultivator/planter... husband (not as in the man in a marriage, although that is true, too, but as in the area of "husbandry" as that relates to being a vintner/vinedresser).

He is "of Armies" because, as His name states... He "breathes armies... or myriads upon myriads [of spirits]... into existence." JaHVeH. JAH... "who breathes"... whose "breath" brings forth armies... of the living. And, as the OT properly describes Him, He is "merciful," "slow to anger", and "abundant in loving kindness."

That's the thing with the English language - we get SO bogged down with words. I saw this as a JW: their use of words often amazed me (if not confused me)... because they would use various words interchangeably but either I knew, from my life BEFORE the WTBTS, that they didn't mean what the WTBTS was saying they did... or they weren't using them properly... etc. This prompted me to start the hobby of studying words... etymology and linguistics... which I was still in. Through this, my Lord began to teach me Greek and Hebrew (which is on the things that attracted me and my husband to one another - he formally studied Latin, Greek, and Hebrew - and so was amazed at what I would share with him that I received from my Lord and having never studied formally. Some might consider me "self-taught" but that's really not true: I absolutely had and have a Teacher. I digress.).

The same confusion surrounds some pretty major words, Biblically speaking, like "christ," "christian," "truth", "holy spirit," "wisdom, "death," "life," "breath," "blood," "bread," "rock", "faith", "Israel," "Jews," "nations/gentiles"... and a whole plethora of other not so major words. And it is a very... mmmmm... "crafty" (and I don't mean in the "artsy" sense)... means... this confusion of words... which is often done on PURPOSE... by those who DON'T know God and Christ... to try and mislead EVEN the chosen ones.

We like words, though, mankind... especially ones that SOUND "kind" and "nice." Even if the motive behind them aren't. Most often, we like such words more than we like TRUTH. For instance, when Christ spoke the TRUTH to the scribes and Pharisees... they couldn't handle it. True, his words weren't nice OR kind. But... they were the TRUTH. Such ones could not receive them, though, and conspired to put him to death. Which conspiracy ultimately came to fruition. On the other hand, the Adversary spoke quite "kindly" and "nicely" Eve. Indeed, he was the epitome of good manners: soft-spoken, "just curious," not forceful... perhaps even "tender." So, he didn't speak in a way that turned her off. To the contrary, HIS "soothing" words caused her to pause... and consider. Christ's words, though... due to their forthrightness... often caused those hearing THEM... to "weep and gnash their teeth."

So, we not only have to be cautious and cognizant of words and their meanings... but also what's behind their "tone." Is one merely speaking the truth, albeit a little bluntly? Or is one trying to TICKLE your ears, perhaps even flatter you... perhaps even trying to "kill you [with kindness]"?

The word "Armies" has, for us, a "bad"connotation. Because in OUR language, it is primarily associated with war. But ants are an "army." And, of the women telling about Him, the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies said they, too, would be a "large army." Yet, there are no large armies of women... bearing arms and warring. So, He must have meant something else.

What should WE do, then, when we come across words that give us concern when it comes to considering God? Two things:

1. Look to Christ. If you can see how the word "works" in relation to HIM... then you will see how it "works" in relation to God. If you CAN'T see how it works as to him... then you can KNOW... it CAN'T work with relation to God. And Christ... did not command armies or institute war; to the contrary, he taught HIS followers to learn peace.

2. Don't let the (seemingly) "smooth" words fool you. One woman did... long, long ago... and look where it got her: back to the pit. Who, though, truly wants to join her? I surely don't.

So, I hope this helps.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Perhaps my statement *NEVER* is an exaggeration but if there are a few nice titles, then its prolly a very small number ? WHy does such a loving God have such a poor attribution of titles ?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That's the thing with the English language - we get SO bogged down with words.

That post was a stunning example of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit