"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Just clarifying who changed the subject to knifes - glad we agree it was you.

I made a passing comment about a nick-name of a city and left it there. You brought up up again for reasons you, for some reason, seem reluctant to answer.

What was that reason, besty? why did you make up a fictional scenario and try to blame it on me?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The genie won't go back in the bottle in America but why isn't everybody committed to beginning the task of reducing the obscenity of a gun obsessed society?

I keep trying to have that conversation, but people keep wanting to talk about other things rather than engage in meaningful discussion.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

One incident, come on use your brain.

Look at the numbers of violent and deadly attacks in the US by guns in comparison

to any other country in the world and you'll come to a logical conclusion.

My point is, that violence will happen everywhere, regardless of the tools used to carry it out. Ban guns? People will use swords. Ban swords? People will use knives. Ban knives? People will use screwdrivers. On and on and on and on.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As I mentioned previously the US would do itself some good by at least banning the sales of hand guns and semi-automatic assault rifles.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

As I mentioned previously the US would do itself some good by at least banning the sales of hand guns and semi-automatic assault rifles.

How so? And what makes a rifle an "assault" rifle?

• cofty
    cofty

Low-Key - not a lot of people wil die in a frenzied screwdriver attack will they?

• besty
    besty
    What was that reason, besty? why did you make up a fictional scenario and try to blame it on me?

Not getting bogged down in this red herring.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You made up the scenario, not me. If you want to avoid your own post red herring, just say so.

• besty
    besty
    I am not second guessing. I am guessing based on what motivates people enough to post. Three times the number of dead people EVERY SINGLE DAY doesn't motivate a single post. All 100% preventable, but, necessary for a convenience you enjoy. If it was simply about how many people die unnecessarily, you would be outraged, motivated to post. But you aren't.

I don't own a car so not sure how any of your supposition applies to me.

• cofty
    cofty

Besty - Red herrings everywhere tonight.

PS - Jess Enis on BBC SPOTY looking wow!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit