"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I had an aunt, that after her divorce would get stalked by the ex (as I believe in the early 80's protection laws were 1/2 what they are today).

If I was in her shoes................ would have slept next to a gun.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    actually, you guys don't know if she had them to protect herself from the deranged kid ....

DaCheech ... great point.

Yes, she especially needed the .223 Bushmaster for self protection (the civilian version of the famous M16 military rifle).

If the woman felt threatened by the son, she could have waited outside the mall and used it to make a clean head shot on him from 300 yards away.

Rub a Dub

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

c'mon? this was a big tragedy (I have kids at home, and feel heart pounding).

but, a deranged kid would have done wrong, even if the guns were not at hand...........

• moshe
    moshe

US Supreme Court Justice Breyer was robbed this year, while on a caribbean vacation by an intruder armed with a machete- US Marshals Service, charged with protecting the Justice were nowhere to be seen--

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/13/us/justice-breyer-robbed/index.html

If you are going to protect yourself, depend on yourself first.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    US Supreme Court Justice Breyer was robbed this year, while on a caribbean vacation by an intruder armed with a machete-

True ...

Noone pulled a gun and no gunfight occurred.

And yes, even though a serious crime was committed, they are both still alive.

Rub a Dub

• moshe
    moshe

Since it is obvious that no gun law can stop a determined criminal, this is a wake up call for schools to have better perimiter security and an armed guard- aren't our children worth the cost?

• moshe
    moshe
    they are both still alive.

Doesn't make me feel better-I hope the bad guy who is still alive and on the street, doesn't harm someone else next time- By that logic a criminal is free to steal and rape and just as long as he doesn't kill you, it's Ok.

Have a happy vacation on our Island- our criminals don't kill you, they only steal your money and valuables- have a nice trip home- broke.

• Simon
    Simon
    a deranged kid would have done wrong, even if the guns were not at hand

Yes, he could have used a spoon or thrown stones. Both known to be as deadly as the riffles. In fact, if all these things are 'equally as dangerous' as some of you clown claim, then issue them to your goddam soldier next time you're invading a country!!

"Here's your Honda Civic ... you can run people over with that. And here's your pebbles to throw, maybe take an eye out or two".

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Simon: Your Term of Use are against name calling. Perhaps you should practice what you preach? "clowns"? really?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

It would really suck to have to protect my home from an invasion by multiple intruders who are armed with semi-auto weapons if I am only armed with a musket. Wouldn't be a fair fight at all. Home invasions happen all the time. I guarantee you that none of the invaders are armed with muskets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit