"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• besty
    besty
    but an issue with a specific type of death.

ye I am - the kind of death that involves 5 year old children being shot in the head in front of their classmates who are them similarly executed in a supposedly civilised country.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't own a car so not sure how any of your supposition applies to me.

It applies to you because you live in a society that relies on cars, a cause of a high number of 100% preventable deaths. You benefit from it, whether you own one or not.

So, according to your reasoning, you don't own a car so any discussion of those shouldn't involve you (despite the fact you benfit from them). According to your logic, if you don't own a gun, you shouldn't be involved in a gun discussion, either.

So, why are you talking again?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ye I am - the kind of death that involves 5 year old children being shot in the head in front of their classmates who are them similarly executed in a supposedly civilised country

Awesome! Let's have that discussion. How can we prevent people with that clear level of mental illness from hurting people?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Low-Key - not a lot of people wil die in a frenzied screwdriver attack will they?

You missed my point, Cofty. Humans are a violent species. They will find ways to kill each other, regardless of attempts to eradicate/criminalize the tools used to do so.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Tactics of diversion reveals a weak argument.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Tactics of diversion reveals a weak argument.

Exactly. Why would besty make up something about stabbings in a UK school? Weird diversionary tactic.

• cofty
    cofty

But should a civilised society not do what it reasonably can to restrict access to tools that can be used to murder so efficiently?

Your "militia" excuse is clearly anachronistic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since violence is so strongly and blatantly commercialized in the US, through TV, movies, video games and even sports.

Add together with the strongly commercialized sales of guns available to the public, is it really surprising that circumstances

like whats been happening recently are taking place ???

Maybe its really more about money than anything else. !

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Maybe its really more about money than anything else. !

Exactly, same reason cars are allowed on the road. It's about money and convenience, not people dying.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

What do you propose we do to limit access to these tool, cofty? I'm all ears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit