"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Haven't read all the cars vs guns debate - even if I think it's lame at the base of it all here ya go.

If we want to put cars up on the same list as guns - then we first should put guns in the same playing field. First off - you get a gun, you have to first get a gun test just like a driving test. Then you have to buy it from a dealer, pay taxes on it and are refrained from any modification to it under the law of your state. Then you have find insurance suitable for the type of gun you have bought and the first time you don't pay your insurance, the cops or the repo guys are sent to retrieve your weapon. You have a photo ID to carry that says you passed your test, paid your fees for five years and have proof of insurance. The insurance should be at a cost just like vehicles - according to your region. If you live in a high crime district then you pay triple what everyone pays. Then you switch the laws to correspond to the gun now being classified as a vehicle - if someone is found with a gun that is not insured and illegal, put them in prison for ten years. Keep doing that and then you might be able to make a comparision that a car is like a gun. sammiesw.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nobody has "automatic" weapons, cofty. The few who do privately own them, have had to trip over miles of red tape and fork over a small fortune for the license to own them.

• ziddina
    ziddina

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I like the way you think, Sammie's Wife!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

SammieLee - there are many obvious points of illogical thinking in what you just posted.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Are automatic weapons necessary to defend your pet dog from coyotes?

SemiAutomatic are needed for coyotes..

They travel in packs and are friggin smart..

You don`t want them coming after you while your trying to reload..

They ripped my dog to shreds..He was a big dog..

"Was"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Yohan
    Yohan

SammieLee, what you propose only affects law abiding gun owners. It wouldn't have prevented the massacre in CT one bit.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

@LKL - seriously?

The USA has 15x per capita gun ownership yet 74x per capita gun homicide compared to the UK.

What say ye?

I say that the UK is a much more civilized place to live. America is violent culture, addicted to violence. I would expat to Scotland in a heartbeat. When I took my wife there in September, she didn't want to come home. Her exact words: "We should move here. Life is better here."

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nice summary Low-Key!! Seriously though, Besty's stats were more concise. You're not seriously expecting us to read and check all of that are you? Have you even read it all?

Furthermore, posting guideline 4 says (underlining is mine)..

You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication.

So, can I at least ask where you got the above information from? Or did you type it all yourself?

You're just being pissy because the facts I presented don't support your own feelings on the matter.

All of the sources are in the appendix.

And yes, I read ALL of it. Every word. They are just as valid as Besty's redundant numbers.

• TD
    TD
    Are automatic weapons necessary to defend your pet dog from coyotes?

No. But automatic weapons have been strictly regulated in America since the Firearms Act of 1934. Ownership of automatic weapons requires a Class III federal firearms license. There is a lot involved in obtaining one even in states where it's possible.

TD - Are pest control companies outlawed in America? Do local authorities not have a responsibility to keep the streets clear of animals that can tear your pet dog to ribbons?

Well, let's not forget our three year old grandchildren. If you wouldn't trust a strange pit bull with a three year old, you sure as hell wouldn't let them play in a neighborhood with coyotes roaming the streets and yards.

If you know anything at all about urban coyotes, you know that controlling them is easier said than done. They run faster than almost anything on four legs in America except a Greyhound and saying that they're as smart as hell borders on the euphemistic.

And even that is wide of the point. There are more wild animals in America than coyotes. I've told the story many times on this forum My two BILs and myself were attacked on an Indain Reservation by a pack of feral dogs. All we were doing was cooking hamburgers after a day of fishing.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

WTF Low-Key!

You had to go and ruin things by injecting all those statistics and facts into this discussion.

Troll clock!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit