"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• moshe
    moshe

For all we know BB, they were locked up, but he somehow figured out how to gain access to them-

• glenster
    glenster

Gallop poll gun laws 2011 Oct 6-9
    More strict 43%
    Less strict 11%
    Kept as now 44%
    No opinion 2%
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

A survey by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press conducted
    after the July movie theater shooting in Aurora found no significant change in
    public opinion, with 47% of respondents saying it is more important to control
    gun ownership and 46% saying it is more important to protect gun rights.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gun-control-20121215,0,2113370.story

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Yes, moshe, but that is such a lame excuse. The mother was the first line of defense against this deranged kid getting his hands on a gun. Sure, he could have gotten them elsewhere, but he didn't need to - they were right there in his own home. Foolish woman.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Bizzy Bee... Foolish woman

...yes you live by the sword...you die by the sword. Unfortunately her choice and the action of her offspring cost many families lots of grief.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Foolish woman.

Yes, malign the dead. You have no idea if she knew he was deranged or not, foolish woman.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

moshe said :

One thing is obvious to me- Gun laws were broken , here. The shooter was under the adge of 21, so he was not old enough to legally own those two 9mm pistols, he also didn't have a concealed carry permit- too young, so he broke laws transporting those pistols.

Simon said:

BTW: Does no one think it's a little strange that a kindergarten teacher needs to own several semi-automatic weapons? WTF is that about?

moshe ...

From the most recent reports, the shooter was NOT the owner of the guns (Federal law requires you to be 21 to purchase a handgun from a Federally licensed seller. However, that does not prevent a 20 year old from possessing one if that makes any sense. Admittedly, CT law could be more restrictive in this case). On your second point, who knows if the guns were concealed or not.

Simon ...

I thought the exact same thing. If you feel the need to carry or possess a handgun, why would a woman carry a Glock or another 9mm ??? And on top of that, she had a .223 Bushmaster ... was she expecting a shootout with a drug cartel ???

If she had a small .22 LR handgun or something similar that can be carried in a handbag or under a belt (if local laws allow) then I would understand it a bit better. Otherwise, as the owner of those powerful "professional" weapons typically used by police and if they weren't locked in a secure safe, I feel it sad to say that the dead owner of the weapons had a degree of responsibility in this matter.

Rub a Dub

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

actually, you guys don't know if she had them to protect herself from the deranged kid

• moshe
    moshe
    ..yes you live by the sword...you die by the sword.

The mother was a law abiding person, and Jesus own disciples carried swords for protection-

Quite a few deranged people use a machete as their weapon of choice to kill the innocent. FYI, if you are vacationing in FL and a crazy looking person approaches you carrying a machete, rest assured it is completely legal in FL to open carry a machete. I hope you have a concealed carry firearm for protection or you can run faster then he can. If it becomes illegal to own a handgun for protection, then you what will you use to defend yourself from a machete attack?

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/07/florida_machete_attacks_seven_july.php

Naples, FL beer thief-

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/oct/10/deputies-investigating-machete-attack-severed-at/

• Simon
    Simon
    actually, you guys don't know if she had them to protect herself from the deranged kid

Wow.

• moshe
    moshe
    On your second point, who knows if the guns were concealed or not.

I am pretty sure in CT, you need a concealed carry permit to even transport a handgun in a car away from your home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit