"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• TonyT
    TonyT

On the day that drug laws have eliminated illegal drugs i will give up my guns.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Lysmith, you're very defensive. I just asked questions, I wasn't blaming objects.

Any blame, if it is due, obviously accrues to the policy and the people who uphold it, not the inanimate guns themselves.

The question is, what is different about America that makes its people feel unsafe if they don't have a gun at their side?

That feeling is very widespread. I had a similar conversation with someone on another site earlier this evening. Up to now he had seemed a very reasonable and sensible being. But he doesn't feel safe in his own house unless he has guns.

He told me how teenagers had broken into his house and stolen a collection of arms, as he described it. So of course he needs guns, was his reasoning. He just doesn't make the connections that are so obvious to everyone else in the world, and the same seems to be true on this board.

Many people find this amazing, and rather worrying.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When people buy hand guns and have them for their own personal use, they most likely buy them for their own personal protection.

Ironically in this case these guns bought by the mother were were used against her to assault and eventually kill her.

Information has come forward that she used to take her mentally troubled son on shooting practices. !!!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Poor, poor woman. Poor children, poor teachers.

It breaks my heart.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To make a hypothetical suggestion, would any of the recent shooting massacres occurred like they did if hand guns

and semi-automatics were not avail to purchase by the people who were involved in these shootings ?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

On the day that drug laws have eliminated illegal drugs i will give up my guns.

Ditto.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

On the day that drug laws have eliminated illegal drugs I will give up my guns.

Sensationalized Bullshit .

• dazed but not confused
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To make a hypothetical suggestion, would any of the recent shooting massacres occurred like they did if hand guns

and semi-automatics were not avail to purchase by the people who were involved in these shootings ?

Where did all the gun huggers go ?

Was the question too pertinently logical ?

• dazed but not confused

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit