"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• cedars
    cedars

Low-Key

And yet you decry it as "biased", due to the source. Weak.

Please add "biased" to the list of words you need to check the meaning of, along with "redundant"!

Cedars

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

But, you do have to understand that we are not going to give up our guns here in Texas.

Or anywhere in America, for that matter. As long as it's still legal to own firearms in this country, (and I believe it will be for a very, very long time) I am going to have guns. I am going to exercize the right to defend myself against bad people who also have guns. It's not even entirely about protection. I lOVE to shoot. It's a source of great fun and relaxation to me. I absolutely detest motorcycles, they're death machines, but I'm not out there on a soapbox trying to tell peop0le that they shouldn't ride motorcycles or have tighter motorcycle laws just because I don't like motorcycles.

• james_woods
    james_woods

(on the Scientology hate=speech) There was a thread here on JWN - the people arrested were later released becuase charges were dropped.

But, it happened - and the English law system did not protect the citizens from making this kind of peaceful protest.

• cofty
    cofty

Motorcyclists tend to only kill themselves.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Ah, so it was written by the Gun Owners Foundation. I wondered by the material was so objective and unbiased!

Your words.

I can smell sarcasm and facetiousness. I'm not stupid.

• cedars
    cedars

Low-Key

It's not even entirely about protection. I lOVE to shoot.

Well that's reassuring. It's good to know this is all about a rational need and not just an emotional ideological attachment.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

the English law system did not protect the citizens from making this kind of peaceful protest

Yes it did. An overly-enthusiastic policeman arrested and charged them and the Crown Prosecution Service threw it out. It never went to court, nobody went to jail as you claim and English Law was correctly applied.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Yes it did. An overly-enthusiastic policeman arrested and charged them and the Crown Prosecution Service threw it out. It never went to court, nobody went to jail as you claim and English Law was correctly applied.

Reason prevailed. But the fact remains: The English Law system does not afford the people the basic right of free speech.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I would be glad to hear so.

• besty
    besty

Should I apologise for asking for a simple clarification:-

Why does the USA have 15x per capita gun ownership and yet 74x per capita gun homicide compared to the UK?

• TD
    TD
    Now you're just being mean. I can use naughty words too, but I'm not as emotionally invested in this issue as you are - only to the extent that I feel sick to my stomach to learn of 20 kids being killed in their classroom in part because their country cannot (or refuses to) get a grip of its gun laws, seemingly under the illusion that it is still living in the Wild West era.

The "Wild West" thing is condescending. We're not all ignorant rednecks in the west.

When was the last time you were face to face with a wild animal large enough to hurt you?

When was the last time you were attacked by a wild animal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit