"Right to bear arms" should mean ...

by Simon 616 Replies latest members politics

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

That makes zero sense Woods. Say it plain. If you can.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK Beks. I think you own a shotgun while you are denouncing me for owning a shotgun.

Literally.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Where did I denounce anyone for owning any kind of firearm James? Please quote.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm surprised and disappointed LowKey. Discussion?? We can't even have a discussion? You sound like a JW poisoning the well, those who want some kind (hell we don't even know WHAT kind cuz we aren't allowed to discuss it) of regulation are "haters", but those on the other side are simply "defending their rights".

No, goddammit, NO! You read too much into my words. Discuss it all you like, but it's still going to be the same folks tossing back & forth the same old, tired shit.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Discuss it all you like, but it's still going to be the same folks tossing back & forth the same old, tired shit.

Like you and James?

You have equated the desire on the part of some to have a discussion, or even god forbid! some kind of regulation, with being "gun hating", and apparently as far as James is concerned denouncing gun ownership outright!

This is the biggest problem we have. The notion of being responsible, or discussing reasonable regulation is so demonized, we can't get to square one.

The same old tired shit is coming from the "gun lovers", because the rest of us aren't even allowed to open our mouths.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Here ya go, Beks -

Ok, since it was too early for Bob Costas to talk about it less than two weeks ago, and too early to talk about it a few days before that when the kid in Fl was shot, and I guess it's too early to talk about it after the Oregon Mall shooting.......................exactly when is it that will be a good time to talk about it?

I assume we both know what "IT" was?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I assume we both know what "IT" was?

At this point I kinda doubt it James, what do you assume IT is?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Legal ownership of a gun, Beks.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Emphasis being, of course, on the word "legal".

Will be going to bed soon, and hope to see you and Bizzy in the morning.

It is a serious issue - I do not mean to minimize it.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Good grief. Just making a very valid point.

Here's a new one for you: If by some magic, gun violence would come to an ultimate end by all of us surrenderin g our guns, I would GLADLY and WITHOUT HESITATION surrender ALL of my firearms. We all know that ain't gonna happen.

All gun control legislation does is alienate and punish the responsible, Law-abiding gun owners. Criminals, crazies, and thugs don't give a tinker's fart about gun control laws. See? Another tired, cliched argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit