FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Is this your Yaweh?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yaweh is a dispicable, murderous, genocidal, rape enabling, misogynist despot. What a great character, makes Sauron look nice!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Despot...what a great word Angus!

Nearly as good as gusset!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I would just like to know, why was God so willing to reveal himself thousands of years ago, but now we must rely only on faith? What changed? Even after Jesus' death he was apparently doing miraculous things. Why did he stop?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

he got scared because cant leave has a better means of salvation,cant leave gave himself so that we may live, cant leave is really god,he would do things better than yahweh.

• cofty
    cofty

cant leave ...would do things better than yahweh

Indeed he would. No offense cantleave but a 12 year old child with the attention span of a goldfish would do a better job than Yahweh.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

a 12 year old child with the attention span of a goldfish would do a better job than Yahweh.

• simon17
    simon17

I agree and, IMO, I do not think that non-beleivers that are "legit" in their non-belief will be punished by God ( if there is a God) and this is why:

Not everyone can make that "leap of faith", Thomas couldn't and only after seeing the resurrected Christ did he believe ( Yes he was admonished for His lack of fiaht considering what He had seen and expereince first hand) and I think that for many non-believers, thatis the same case.

I believe that WHEN honest non-beleivers do see God, they will believe.

Now, the issue is that there are those thet do not beleive because they do not WANT to believe, belief for them comes at too high a cost, they lose too much of who they are. Belief in God comes with responisibility ( of those that muchis given, much is asked) and not everyone WANTS that.

Those non-believers, people that deep down KNOW there is a God but refuse to acknowledge or want to accept it, those will indeed be punsihed BUT, IMO, The punsihment will be just what they ask for -Total seperation from God.

I have no problem with any of this. Look at that, non-believers and believers in a "does god exist" thread coming to an agreement. Imagine that.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hey i do just want to say ,i know i differ than most hear, and by differ i mean east to west lol but i really am glad we can discuss these things and i respect you guys and am glad you be able to talk to you all . just been thinking how much we all have been through as jw , all of our storys are different but we each have one, i would like to take some time to learn more about different ppls storys and learn more about you guys more than just what you believe.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

absense of anything known or unknown.

Would it include the absence of nothing? Logically it must...

Hey EP,

Semantics aside, you asked me what nothing was, and I told you. Now you are saying that nothing is a something to be absent. nothing is the absense of something.

Matter cannot come from nothing. So whatever began matter, in my mind could be considered God. Thomas Aquinas was probably more eloquent then myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit