FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cofty -

i know there nothing i can say thats going to change any minds

Of course there is - provide some evidence.

I changed from JW to Born again to .....well...I don't know what I am now.....atheist? agnostic? acrostic? acoustic? No, dang nabbit. I'm just me!!!

• cofty
    cofty

I'm just me!!! - Punkofnice

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk lol ur awesome punk, i undersand what your saying, however born again is not like a memebership like joining jw ,islam,etc... you can become those things and than not,born again is a change of who you are,as the bible puts it all things are new. bro i know it can be frustrating when bad things happened and your like where is this god. but some ppl(not saying you) view him as a genie call when they need something, and thats not who god is. but punky i like you

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ravens -

but punky i like you

Cheers, mate. I think you're cool too. I admire your zeal and willingness to wade into one of the hottest debate subjects since.....well....y'know....Methinks you is youngish.

As I said...I'm just me! I don't belong to an atheist/agnostic club or anything. I don't need to study science. I sift evidence presented to me is all.

To me now, ''faith'' is a cop out to plug the holes where god isn't.

I ask with respect.....Would you have worshipped for instance Apollo if you were born in ancient Greece? Odin if you were born a norseman in Viking times? Allah if you were born in Pakistan?

You see it all comes down to this. Your religion is affected by geography and bloodline.

God is SO obscure it's ridiculous....therefore I conclude he may not exist.

If I were a loving father god I'd be with my children and they'd ALL know me no matter where they lived or when. I wouldn't punish my grand children ad infinitum for the sins of my son or daughter. What a barbaric god to do this whilst people say that it's ok, god will make it right.

If this is true god is a bigger f*cking idiot than I ever gave him credit for. He could have sorted things out in the garden of eden (subject to it ever existing), without having his 'son' slaughtered and then doing nothing after that. What a vile dictator god must be. I can see where North Korea get their inspiration.

No. He's done nothing for me and he's supposed to be so great and benevolent. It's a joke. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and if he were real he would have come to my aid the way a real loving father would have. I'm not letting god off the hook. He's a fake imaginary sky fairy.

I still can't get over the stance god takes = Love me or I'll kill/torture you forever....because I'm worth it and you're not!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Not sure how this ended up being about evolution...

Anyways.

The fact is that, and this is soemthing every believer must accept, there is NO way to prove God's existence.

One can interpret certain evidence in a way that leads to a reasonable conclusion that God can exist ( still doesn't mean He DOES).

I don't think that it does any good to deny that one can't prove God's existence.

It is more honest to say that faith is the paramount factor in belief in God.

• simon17
    simon17

The fact is that, and this is soemthing every believer must accept, there is NO way to prove God's existence.

It is more honest to say that faith is the paramount factor in belief in God.

I think this is the right approach. However, it begs the question: if God really is fundamentally unprovable, then there should be no punishment by God for those that deny him. So ultimately, based on this, living a good life by fullfilling codes from your conscience and society, is really all a God of this kind could could reasonable ask of anyone.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I think this is the right approach. However, it begs the question: if God really is fundamentally unprovable, then there should be no punishment by God for those that deny him. So ultimately, based on this, living a good life by fullfilling codes from your conscience and society, is really all a God of this kind could could reasonable ask of anyone.

I agree and, IMO, I do not think that non-beleivers that are "legit" in their non-belief will be punished by God ( if there is a God) and this is why:

Not everyone can make that "leap of faith", Thomas couldn't and only after seeing the resurrected Christ did he believe ( Yes he was admonished for His lack of fiaht considering what He had seen and expereince first hand) and I think that for many non-believers, thatis the same case.

I believe that WHEN honest non-beleivers do see God, they will believe.

Now, the issue is that there are those thet do not beleive because they do not WANT to believe, belief for them comes at too high a cost, they lose too much of who they are. Belief in God comes with responisibility ( of those that muchis given, much is asked) and not everyone WANTS that.

Those non-believers, people that deep down KNOW there is a God but refuse to acknowledge or want to accept it, those will indeed be punsihed BUT, IMO, The punsihment will be just what they ask for -Total seperation from God.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WHat I am trying to say is that there is a distinction between those that do not KNOW God and those that DENY God.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

simon17 -

if God really is fundamentally unprovable, then there should be no punishment by God for those that deny him.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Richard Dawkins said that we are all atheists about the millions of gods that pre-existed us. We however have gone one god further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit