FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Isn't the awe of the universe enough to blow you away ?

How much bigger must the facts be otherwise ?

Myths and superstition have not added to the beauty to the universe and they don't add to our understanding of it. To simply fll our gaps in the understanding of the universe with gods and the supernatural, stifles our wonderment and stops us from learing the truth.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk to be honset i cant say what would of happened if i were born in pakasatin or greece at different times, i believe romans 1:20 and beyond i can say what would of, but i do believe god is not far from any of us, i can only hope i would have learned and come to know yahweh.

• caliber
    caliber

Caliber: whats the source of the first hawkins quote?

A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME
    Stephen W. Hawking

http://www.generationterrorists.com/quotes/abhotswh.html

• cantleave
    cantleave

i can only hope i would have learned and come to know yahweh.

The chances of that?

What about the poor sods who lived before Yaweh was invented?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cant leave: funny there were no ppl before god hes the first and last alpha and omaga.

• caliber
    caliber
    God simply must exist by default - Caliber
    If you are defining god as an unknown being that lit the touch-paper and then killed himself in the ensuing big bang, then nobody can prove you wrong.~~Cofty

So careless of him.. what was he thinking ? Did he forget about his own time and space laws ?

God not only plays dice, He also sometimes throws the dice where they cannot be seen
    ~~~ Stephen Hawkins

“ You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it.”
    Stephen Hawking

• cantleave
    cantleave

cant leave: funny there were no ppl before god hes the first and last alpha and omaga.

You specifically mentioned Yahweh, when did that particular god construct come into existence? I would have thought a god like Eli or Izer, who was the supreme god, the father of humankind and all creatures and the husband of the Goddess Asherah as attested in the tablets of Ugarit. would be older....

Am I wrong?

• cofty
    cofty

Caliber my point is that when believers insist that the universe needs a first cause it doesn't advance their case very far at all.

• caliber
    caliber

There are grounds for cautious optimism that we may now be near the end of the search for the ultimate laws of nature.
    Stephen Hawking

If men like Hawking don't yet understand ultimate laws of nature why should we draw a premature conclusion ?

Should we decide or "have faith" that his men have at least "enough of the true facts " to reach a proper conclusion ?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cant leave: nope only yahweh ,hears the differance, yahweh made man, man made all "other"(nwt style)lol gods!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit