FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have seen debates and shizzle about god or not god etc etc.

I was even confronted by an aggressive and trheatening Muslim in the street, who was angry that I wanted proof that god existed. He ranted on a load of old b0110cks about 'hell' and stuff. Finally he yelled at me: 'Do you want god to write your name in the sky?' - My reply: 'Yes. Actually!'

I am asking for irrefutible proof without copy and pastes of words from holy books.

1. What evidence is there that god exists as described in YOUR holy book or ideology without the need to use the book?

2. Your proof must be OBVIOUS for me to see in my every day life.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ha ha, good luck with that....

My view:

It's all in peoples heads, man made the gods and religion out of a need to explain the world as they saw it in a time of magical thinking born of obvious ignorance and also utilised it as a means of control. These days though there is no excuse for such an ignorant view.

• cofty
    cofty

Its a fair question, why would god want to make it difficult to believe in her?

I have already stated what my test would be - heal an amputee.

Lets get three amputees in a room and have somebody pray for their healing and all three grow new limbs immediately before our eyes.

Apparently its the sort of thing that Jesus did with no effort.

Christians have no alternative but describe these sort of requests as disingenuous.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk: what up? im serious about this so and listen lol. go to your bathroom and livingroom and look in the mirror. you and you alone are proof that god is real even just the design of your eyes is way more than enough proof. than as your looking look into your conscience does it even alittle let you know theres a god? i ask another person here who was talking athiest a question which he would not answer,but do you feel guilt about anything? why?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

While we wait can anyone prove Queen Elizabeth II is a lizard for me please.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i want ur mug! magic coffie

• cofty
    cofty

even just the design of your eyes is way more than enough proof.

No it isn't. The process of evolution of the eye is thoroughly recorded. In fact the eys has evolved more than once independently. Every stage of development of the eye from a few light sensitive cells all the way through to our complex eyes still exist in the living world.

This was an interesting argument 150 years ago - not any longer.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty : i would have to give you this you seem to have more faith in change than design,and i have said this before, athiest pride themselves on logic but only when they want to. you pick the object that man can make ;car, house,computer,tv, phone,bike and if you are going to buy any of these items you look first at the what? the brand or the "make" of the object logic tells you something with knowlegde made this, than you look at things which man can not make and you see they are far more complex than a car house... and say ohh that just came by change not body with knowlegde made that. it is illogocall to dismiss a creator.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty i meant chance not change (sorry im still cromagum man)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Witness My Fury - I can see it's an idifficult task. I want to get people to see beyond their confirmation bias. I used to believe in god but now, after considering stuff I see no evidence.

Cofty - I was a t a church where a couple of the women thought they could heal a blokes deformed foot by shouting and blathering on in so called 'tongues'. It made me feel sick. It was a very weird experience. They were even shouting about the devil having no right to be in the blokes foot. I was apalled, he needed professional medical help.

Ravens - What's up? God is a big let down. I try to avoid looking in the mirror, it's not a pretty sight. You see, even if I accept that humans were designed it doesn't answer by whom. It doesn't prove that a god as per the bible actually exists. We could have evolved. We may be genetically mutated derivatives from an alien race. You see even a conscience isn't proof. It maybe a mechanism that evolved as a survival technique. I don't feel guilty about anything but when I have asked god for help he/she/it has been abscent............totally useless.

Amelia Ashton - 'V' was not a science fiction show. Twas real! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit