FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Who said anything about god? You are assuming all kinds of things.

God is in the thread title.

Non-repeatable, therefore not provable in a laboratory setting.

It's an observation that add to the information you would use to build a hypothesis. If you observed it on a lab, it would be in a laboratory setting. If it happened twice, it's by definition repeatable.

• xchange
    xchange

psacremnto: Belief in God requires faith, period.

Which is why these kind of discussions can not proceed unencumbered without breaking off into sub-topics. No one can refute a faith in an invisible entity whether it be some supreme indifferent god or an invisible teddy bear. If a person has faith, there is no arguing against that. The evidence that is presented in support of this entity, however, is an entirely different matter.

But it's still interesting to see the back and forth nonetheless.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Running an experiment multiple times and getting different results each time is not repeatable. It's a fail.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ep

Some studies are being done on brain states. As for results or experiences while in alternate states, i think that's for the subject to see for themself.

S

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Running an experiment multiple times and getting different results each time is not repeatable. It's a fail.

It's still science. And the phenomena happened twice. The results of the voice aren't repeatable, sure, but the hearing something would be.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Some studies are being done on brain states. As for results or experiences while in alternate states, i think that's for the subject to see for themself.

Well, today we can't tell for sure what someone is experiencing. However, my point remains, if something external like god or a spirit or angela lansbury is influencing someone's mind, that is something you could test for without ever knowing what visions or auditory experience the person is having.

• Ding
    Ding

Can you prove that I exist?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Monroe institute has defined it somewhat. They correlated certain frequencies and harmonics w areas of experience.

S

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ep: i sent you a pm

• Pterist
    Pterist

One of the most talked about discoveries of the scientific community this year--the Higgs boson, or the "God Particle"--could be selected as the Time Person of the Year.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/science/103757-higgs-boson-god-particle-nominated-as-time-person-of-the-year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit