FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

If god is real she is a mentally diseased piece of crap.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk: yeah couple things,first yeah im not it the whole pentacostal thing ,so yeah very strange,in my opinon, second your op mentioned not to use the bible,so it kinda unfair for you to mention it, you asked for proof of god ,i gave you some proof of acreator. you see my point? and you really never feel bad about anything?guilt about something?

• cofty
    cofty

say ohh that just came by chance not body with knowledge made that. it is illogical to dismiss a creator.

This is the most common misunderstanding of evolution. It is not a choice between design or chance - if it was I would also go for design.

The genius of Darwin was to explain the power of natural selection. It acts like a chance accumulator so that a succession of small chances add up.

If you would take the time to read something like "The Blind Watchmaker" or "Climbing Mount Improbable" you would be amazed.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cant leave:are you calling god an apostate?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty; you fixed my spelling. you know that darwin could not prove his theory of evolution. i really believe that for some only time will tell. if you die and nothing happens than you know your right(which in reality you will not know)and if you die and you are standing before a wholly god ,you will know the bible was right. and if you die and are standing before darthvador than we will join the force.

• cofty
    cofty

you know that darwin could not prove his theory of evolution.

Darwin proposed a hypothesis. In the last 150 years the mountain of evidence for evolution has become overwhelming. It is no longer a hypothesis its a fact.

Evolution is a fact. Beyond reasonable doubt, beyond serious doubt, beyond sane, informed, intelligent doubt, beyond doubt evolution is a fact. - Dawkins in The Greatest Show on Earth

It is only possible to deny the fact that every living thing descended from a common ancestor by avoiding the evidence.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Cofty -

The process of evolution of the eye is thoroughly recorded

I think 'design' (subject to us being designed), is flawed for humans. I have thought that if god was so brilliant and gave us the best we needed then why do varied cratures have better eyes than we do? Eg Birds have a wide range vision. Why not man?

Ravens -

athiest pride themselves on logic but only when they want to.

Oi, behave. This is a watchtower type label. No beer for you! LOL

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Here is the definition of theory as a lot of creationists do not understand the difference between fact, theory and hypothesis.

In modern science, the term "theory" refers to scientific theories, a well-confirmed type of explanation of nature, made in a way consistent with scientific method, and fulfilling the criteriarequired by modern science. Such theories are described in such a way that any scientist in the field is in a position to understand and either provide empirical support ("verify") or empirically contradict ("falsify") it. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge, [ 2 ] in contrast to more common uses of the word "theory" that imply that something is unproven or speculative (which is better defined by the word 'hypothesis'). [ 3 ] Scientific theories are also distinguished from hypotheses, which are individual empirically testable conjectures, and scientific laws, which are descriptive accounts of how nature will behave under certain conditions

• cofty
    cofty

In fact it make sense to talk about design - it simply refers to the correlation between form and function.

Evolution shows that design does not require a designer.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

punk i never compared you to the watchtower please dont do that to me lol after these talks i need me some beer! cofty:your quote does the same as i do lol i say god is a fact. read john 20 ;28,29 i should start calling you thomas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit