FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I will reverse the question: Can you prove that God doesn't exist?

• cofty
    cofty

Can you prove that God doesn't exist?

No.

I also can't prove that pink unicorns don't exist.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

absense of anything known or unknown.

Would it include the absence of nothing? Logically it must...

• dazed but not confused
  • dazed but not confused
  • smiddy
    smiddy

I haven`t read through all these pages , so forgive me if this has been brought up already . and to answer your question :

NO I CAN`T ......... AND NEITHER CAN ANYBODY ELSE ON THIS FORUM .

However, the evidence, he doesn`t exist is overwhelming . ....TOTAL SILENCE..... from GOD these past thousands of years .( or even millions of years ) if you like .

Oh sorry,we have to have faith to beleive......Every religion in the world , christian , muslim ,hindu , taoism . judaism , etc.etc.etc. has millions of beleivers who have faith that their God exists .

Faith is the biggest cop-out ever of religion . Their is true faith , who decides,? their is blind faith? ,who decides ,? ....."faith is the assured expectation of things hoped, for the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld" so says Heb:11 ; 1 . Again it`s all down to human interpretation .

The Almighty , all powerfull , omniscient , omnipotent ? GOD is strangely SILENT

Has such a GOD ever come out of retirement and identified" itself" as the only" true God" to be worshipped ? a resounding .....NO

smiddy

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just to clarify the "law" of gravity is a theory, I suggest that Pterist reads a science book too....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Loz - You asked why my exit from my devout Xtianity.

Cut a long and boring story short. When I put total faith God and pleaded for help he was a big let down, a non entity. We've given God all the excuses for doing naff all for us, for leaving us out in the clod to die alone.............if this is part of his plan then f**k him. He's useless or indifferent to the max.

The more I thought about it the more I saw god as being man's own concept based on where you live and ones culture mostly. We have created god to be whatever we think god should be.

I don't study science. That god doesn't exist is based on my own deductions not science, evolution, abiogenesis, the big bang or unicorns.

EG. I have studied Islam and it's just the same as sh1t as all the other religious cults. (I'm not afraid to critisize Islam just because some weirdo fundies go ballistic). I read the Quran and it's full of boring b0ll0cks. That Salman Rushdie was on the death list for simply writing a book speaks volumes (no pun intended). That crazy Islamists wanted to kill him without even seeing the book speaks even louder about that crazy cult and I see similarities with the JWs here too. 'Apostates'(TM) as an example. Xtianity is no better. People can become vile filth when push comes to shove no matter what religion.

I see nothing wrong with requiring evidence for god. I see no evidence and that's that!

To me 'faith' is a sh1t ridden cop out.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Right on the money there Punky.

Bah, I was hoping for Shelby to provide the entertainment ...words of, ehem.... Wisdom

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm sick of the way everything can be critisised but critisise certain fundy weirdo religions and you face death. If that's god he can f*ck off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit