FINALLY! Can you prove God exists? If you can I won't ask again!

by punkofnice 544 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Evolution requires no intelligent meddler.

It is the assumption of methodological naturalism that has been responsible for all our progress.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I just don't accept it conveniently spawned everything with no creative hand.

Why not?

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Of course God exists, and so do uniquorns!

Cofty (Hi!), is it my imagination, or was there something called the "Eve Gene" in the news a few months back, we are all descended from an African ancestor.....or am I going loopy?

Carry on

• Pterist
    Pterist

Tammy *** I also KNOW that I cannot prove it to YOU.****

This personal experience of this new life from Christ has been witnessed by millions of people, that's what makes our faith so strong, because its not just the written Word but the living Word on our heart.

Shalom

• cofty
    cofty

This personal experience of this new life from Christ has been witnessed by millions of people

Including me.

Have you read the testimonies at ex-christians.net?

Hi Pam's Girl - How are you?

I think you are referring to "mitochondrial Eve". We did indeed emerge from Africa - more than once in fact.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Ah thats it, Mitochondrial Eve...thanks!

Off to feed the uniquorn......goodnight all x

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Oh I'll take a wild stab at it.

How about, something cannot come from nothing. At its most basic, any element, molecule, atom, has to come from something. So that something is God.

However you interpret God from then, whatever. Think Thomas Aquinas.

• cofty
    cofty

So that something is God.

Which brings us back to Qcmbr's excellent post above regarding the ever shrinkng god-of-the-gaps

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

How about, something cannot come from nothing. At its most basic, any element, molecule, atom, has to come from something. So that something is God.

Define 'nothing'...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^^absense of anything known or unknown.

Just my personal definition for the purpose of this I guess. Not that hard to understand, yet impossible to conceptualize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit