Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

Kosonen.....Yes, I agree, let us always in ALL scripture Believe what the Father says...1 John5:10-12

10 Anyone who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11 And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Shalom...

• cofty
    cofty

But thus far, science cannot (and IMO will not) create life. They can't give life to something using purely biological processes - CA

We are very close to explaining how life emerged from non-living chemicals and minerals.

Beware your god-of-the-gaps, it has a short shelf-life.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

By "positive" you want "visible". That's why I said this is where the problem begins. You do not accept anything that is not physical. As physical beings we can only view the physical. By it's nature the spirit is unseen. It must be a negative. It's the opposite of the physical reality. I can't give you a positive definition of the spirit when the spirit is an unseen force/reality.

However, I did give you a positive. "That which causes life". It is life. And science cannot recreate it. They never will, imo. They cannot harness the spiritual.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty come on bro i gave you honest answers to what you asked. i did not say thats as a dig but that i gave you the information that the bible tells us. i cant give you more than that.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

We are very close to explaining how life emerged from non-living chemicals and minerals.
    Beware your god-of-the-gaps, it has a short shelf-life.

As I said, if science ever did it, I would have to majorly shift my views on what life IS, and that includes the spirit and spirtual natures. I read avidly about what the current theories are about who life emerged from the non living. I'm VERY curious about it. But so far the theories fall short. I've seen a few very good TED videos that show some of the research into it, and they are fascinating. But I'm still going out on a limb and will say that it will never happen. If/when it does, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong the whole time.

• cofty
    cofty

By "positive" you want "visible". - CA

No not at all. If you can only be define something in terms of what its not then you can be sure you don't understand it. I don't want to know what it isn't or what it does, I want to know what it is.

What is this stuff you call spirit?

As for the statement that its the source of life that makes it sound like the WT illustration of electricity. Surely you want to claim more for it than that?

What will you do when science explains how life arose from non-living chemicals?

Unstop - You asserted Jesus' body has no blood. I have pointed out a few of the implications of that, including the fact that he would not fart and would not need a penis. You have failed to address this.

• cofty
    cofty

If/when it does, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong the whole time.

God-of-the-gaps

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** Pterist - Please don't mix theology with very bad science. Its so dishonest. j ust admit you are making stuff up, don't pretend its all scientific.

I read a very good book years ago it was called "straight and crooked thinking" ....

The word "ALL" in a sentence is very hard to defend,.

Have a blessed evening, don't be angry at a God, you don't believe exists. Forgive our efforts to find truth and meaning in life.

Shalom

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

then you can be sure you don't understand it.

I absolutely cannot understand it fully. I'm still in a physical reality. Job 36:26 says: "How great is God--beyond our understanding! The number of his years is past finding out."

And saying that because I would be required to change my views if something new was discovered is not being disingenuous. It's an attempt to keep a humble, always seeking attitude. I don't want to be like the fundies that have it all figured out and will never acknowledge anything that science reveals. I'm open to it.

However, the "gap" is something that the Bible CAN describe, and science CANNOT. At least at this point. The gap is that you don't agree with my source. :-) I don't believe something BECAUSE science has not answered it.

• designs
    designs

How many of you believers think that Jesus is confined to this human body and who think he can transcend it, and why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit