Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty i think christ alone answered it very well. and yes i believe he is in heaven in physical form and i believe his return is visible in his physical body and then you can find out if he has an erection.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Data Dog, thanks for posting that video. I think it's a great video to show how the WT stance on the soul does not make any sense. I think athesits might even find it interesting, even though they won't reach the same conclusions as the speaker does. It still shows that the WT position on the soul is incredibly unbiblical.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Matthew 14:33 “Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:9 “And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, Rejoice! And they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him.”

Matthew 28:17 “And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.”

John 9:38 “Then he said, ‘Lord, I believe!’ And he worshiped Him.”

Hebrews 1:6 “But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”

The Greek word for worship that is used in all the above verses is proskuneo. Obviously, the NKJV chose to translate this word as worship. The New World Translation (NWT), however, chose to translate this word as obeisance (honor, respect) in all the above verses. What becomes interesting about the NWT, is that whenever the same Greek word, proskuneo, is used in relation to the Father, the translators translated it as worship, even though they rendered it differently in relation to Jesus. (This can be verified by looking in the Watchtower’s own Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures.) Is this a double standard? Is the NWT justified in translating this word 2 different ways; as obeisance to Jesus and as worship to the Father?

• Pterist
    Pterist

The New Creation......

As Jesus "bloodless" body did not see corruption to fulfill scripture, and his shed blood fulfilled all legal requirement....

It seems that on entering heaven this body was glorified with immortality as a NEW CREATION...

As he was the First and the Last in the original mortal creation, he is the First and Last in the New Immortal creation.

John the apostle said we see in a dim mirror what we will BECOME, he did not know for sure. Paul talks about the sowing of our physical bodies, and reaping through Christ, eternal / immortal qualities as spiritual bodies. We have these mortal bodies now for this entropic mortal Enviornment, so the NEW CREATION, that does not need food, sex, etc will have suitable bodies for the eternal state, as mortality is swallowed up by immortality.

Jesus's "body" in the book of Revelation is "out of this world" no pun intended.....his resurrected body was obviously transformed as he entered heaven at his assension and there represents humanity as the NEW CREATION, the NEW Adam, he is our "MAN" in heaven, our way, truth and LIFE to be like HIM.

Just sayin

Shalom

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Pterist, that is my belief exactly. Jesus is called THE MAN, even after His resurrection. Many scriptures talk about the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, and to try and say it was not a bodily resurrection and that His body supernaturally dissolved, is going way beyond scripture.

• cofty
    cofty

So nobody really believes it was a human body then.

Human bodies have to eat - every cell in our bodies depends on respiration and we get the fuel for that from what we eat and of course we also need oxygen for respiration so if Jesus doesn't eat and breathe then in no possible sense of the word is his body human.

Another example of Christians using metaphor and pretending they are talking about reality.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Another example of Christians using metaphor and pretending they are talking about reality.

A glorified human body is not a metaphore. The Bible doesn't say that a person is not recreated as the WT teaches. It says that they PUT ON immortality. They are evntually glorified in human form. They would live off of the spiritual instead of the physical. You can't get much deeper than that because the scriptures don't speak beyond that. How do cells live without physical nutrients? How are we supplied energy? How do our bodies change over time, if at all? And, as you so nicely put it, will we fart?

• cofty
    cofty

A bloodless body is as far from human as it would be possible to conceive.

Its all fanciful blather.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Well, cofty, I understand why you say its fanciful blather. But a scripture came to mind. Don't mean it in a judgmental way at all. I just think it shows that without any sort of faith, which you freely admit that you don't have, it WILL sound like fanciful blather. You probably know the scripture I'm referring to...

1Cor 2:14 - The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Should we worship Jesus .....Yes.....the Father said that they may honor the Son the same way they honor him...

According to scripture the purpose of creating "mankind" was for His honor and glory....To enjoy God and bring him Glory...just sayin...

This process that Jesus went through was NOT to make HIMSELF perfect, as he already existed in Gods Form, but to bring MANKIND to its entended predestined purpose.

Jesus Made Fully Human

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

“What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    a son of man that you care for him?
    7 You made them a little [a] lower than the angels;
    you crowned them with glory and honor
    8 and put everything under their feet.” [b] [c]

In putting everything under them, [d] God left nothing that is not subject to them. [e] Yet at present we do not see everything subject to them. [f] 9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

10 In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit