Should We Worship Jesus?

by Perry 229 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them,

I understand them and I reject them as flights of fancy.

This word "spirit" and "spiritual" is used as an excuse to make groundless assertions sound like they have some substance.

Nobody has ever even defined what they mean by spirit.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Nobody has ever even defined what they mean by spirit.

Nobody? Ever?

• cofty
    cofty

Nobody - ever.

Plenty assertions about what it is not but no positive definition.

Do you want to have a try?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty didnt you say you believed christain view for 9 years? this is basic beliefs the resurrection of jesus. in luke 24:36-39 should answer all you questions.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Let me pick my jaw up off the floor first by the assertion that "Nobody" "Ever" has explained what spirituality is (including what the spirit is).

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** every cell in our bodies depends on respiration and we get the fuel for that from what we eat and of course we also need oxygen for respiration****

I believe in quantum physics, they say that every cell at its root is oscillating-energy, ....we are told in scripture that Christ's earthly body was resurrected by God's power. It is also said this is the same power that we recieve when we are in Christ as we co-operate in his death and resurrection. Paul says at Galatians 2: 19-23, I am crucified with Christ therefore I no longer live, but the Christ that lives in me. Those who have shared this life will know what I am talking about.

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - In your own words - In what sense does Jesus have a human body unless he eats, breathes, farts and defecates?

Think for a moment about how radically different a bloodless body would be. What exactly would be left to call it human?

CA - A positive definition of "spirit" please.

• cofty
    cofty

Pterist - Please don't mix theology with very bad science. Its so dishonest.

Just admit you are making stuff up, don't pretend its all scientific.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

thats why i always use term physical body, if you are relating human to our bodys which needs blood to live,than that is not what jesus body is his glorifyed body does not need blood. the bible shows in many places that after his going to heaven he is a man 1 tim 2 :5 acts 17:31 col 2:9 .so human in a physical tangable body. not human in a decaying body that grow old with wrinkles.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Perry, you quote a lot of scriptures. It does not seem that you get to the point anyway. Why to put so much effort to convince your self that Jesus is equal to Jehovah? Stupid!!! Read at least a gospel without predetermined oppinion, and you will in most cases find support for that the son of God is not equal to God.

Jesus was humble, and allways directed people to love above all his Father, to pray to the Father, to do the will of the Father, to glorify the Father, to obey the Father. Don't you think his Father was proud of him?

So, that's way I love Jesus. He set the perfect example to be a brother in faith, and how to be a son to God. There is no need to distort the nature of Jesus.

Romans 3:4: let God be found true, but every man a liar;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit