Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Kate, you will certainly NOT be safe with JW's.

They are people, good and bad, all individuals, the same as anywhere else. But they themselves are constantly looking over their shoulder, because one of the prime virtues of a Witness is to snitch on their fellows. If they spot someone doing anything frowned on...and "wrong" things may include even something as t rival as wearing jeans that are too tight or too low slung, or coming out of a questionable shop, or just about anything, whether or not it is proved...that doesn't matter...the diligent Witness is constantly on the lookout for a brother or sister falling short of the mark.

Kate, I sent you a PM last night.

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am currently researching many religions trying to find help/salvation.

This book helped me a lot:

Heaven once again interrupts this thread to abate depression... WARNING!!! EXPLICITLY CUTE PICTURES FOLLOW

These help a lot too:

Cats in SinkCute Kitteh

• Heaven
    Heaven

I dont mean to offend, im just not sure of how the respect thing works.

The 'respect thing' doesn't work that well. There is little respect for women and children.

• Si1
    Si1

all 5 of christalones comments are right but supported in scripture. He obviously don't love god or the bible.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Do you want to be part of a religion that insults others like si1 does? Because I don't agree with her and the 8 men in Brooklyn, she has said that I don't love god nor the bible. Anyone that knows me on this forum or in real life knows that is laughably untrue. So untrue, in fact, that I am not even offended by the comment.

In fact I am glad si1 is posting here so you can see the true attitude of those in the watchtower religion.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Why do want to be a JW? What is it that attracts you to them?

I haven't had time to read all the posts so if you answered it already sorry.

Most people on this site are ex-JW, and many have had awful tragedies surrounding their involvement in this group.

Think carefully before you commit to anything.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

CHariklo - I appreciate the snitching reminder. That's a biggy. If a JW is working as a nurse and finds out a fellow JW had an abortion, for example, that JW nurse is supposed to violate the terms of her employment and the legislation that protects individual privacy and go tell the elders. JW rules come first, before the laws of the land and the laws governing your employment.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...As for not answering the door the reason i didnt was, once i saw a gentleman i panicked and thought i have nothing to cover my head wiyh - as a mark of respect. Am i right in thinking that i must cover my head if a gentleman is present?? I wouldnt even know where to get a headscarf??..."Kate82, page #10

Honey, if you really desire the sort of religion that demands that you wear a head covering, you could always become a fundamentalist Muslim...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think, Kate, that you would enjoy an Alpha course.

http://www.alpha.org/

It started in the UK. Many denominations run it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit