A big shift in the world is about to happen......

by EndofMysteries 239 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

OH MY GOD!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh my Time Lord!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

My favorite Time Lord....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My two fav Doctors are Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. Hubba Hubba

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

To be honest, Matt Smith was my first Doctor. I grew up mainly in the age where we didn't get BBC and there was no internet as a child. I only started watching Doctor Who about 6 months ago. It's like crack for the brain.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh you poor thing. I used to watch Dr Who reruns on PBS back in the 80s.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In 1980 I was 6, MJ :)

I saw a few bits of a few episode, but my dad HATED sci fi, it was all we could do to get him to let us watch star trek re-runs. I'm just saying, now I have 2 DW tshirts, my ringtone is "EXTERMINATE!" and my kids have Dalek, DW action figures, Sonic Screwdrivers and each has a DW poster in their room. We're totally not hooked....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can related, my father thought I was crazy for liking that British stuff. He couldn't understand why I loved Secret Agent Man and The Prisoner. But this is the same man who told me that breast feeding my babies was harmful for them and they should be on formula.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I saw a few bits of a few episode, but my dad HATED sci fi, it was all we could do to get him to let us watch star trek re-runs. I'm just saying, now I have 2 DW tshirts, my ringtone is "EXTERMINATE!" and my kids have Dalek, DW action figures, Sonic Screwdrivers and each has a DW poster in their room. We're totally not hooked....

Tragic, EP, with you leaving one cult just to join another: all you changed was the first letter (JW to DW).

Hate to admit it, but I haven't seen ANY Doctor Who episodes, AFAIK. Oh, I MAY have clicked thru one on PBS back in the 80's (I'm 10 years older than EP, and would've been in the target demographic), but it never struck me as particularly compelling.

I was never really taken by Monty Python back then, either, but that was in their Flying Circus re-run days on PBS (which ran hot and cold). I think the Benny Hill Show forever destroyed my perception of the British possessing anything but low-brow crude humor.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I thought you were older than that KS. Another illusion dashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit