Jwfacts-- More Lies But This Time About The Great Crowd

by Recovery 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Here's the way this thread is going to go just like the last thread about inconsistencies in the bible that you were buried on.

1. You throw some crap argument out there and make a bunch of noise for attention.

2. You finally get some attention by way of solid arguments from members of this forum.

3. You ignore the counter arguments, and go on to another thread for more attention.

BTW...weren't you supposed to create threads about every inconsistency in the bible from that other thread which were brought to your attention? I noticed that you never did follow through wit that? Are you not an individual of your word?

Your cheap parlor tricks, and weak arguments aren't working here. If your credibility were a bank account you would be in a homeless shelter by now!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The true test is what would you do if the Watchtower said they were in error, and the great crowd actually are in heaven. Would you still believe they were on earth, or accept they were in heaven?

If you are honest, you know what the answer is, as does everyone on this board. You have been there many times before (can you say generation), so it is not hard to know whether your allegiance is to the Bible or to your earthly leaders.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Here's the way this thread is going to go just like the last thread about inconsistencies in the bible that you were buried on.

That thread was merely my way of collecting all arguments against the Bible in one place so I could save time.

1. You throw some crap argument out there and make a bunch of noise for attention.

No crap arguments thrown out here. All of them from the Bible and a little thing called common sense.

2. You finally get some attention by way of solid arguments from members of this forum.

3. You ignore the counter arguments, and go on to another thread for more attention.

The purpose of my Bible Inconsistencies thread was not to debate/rebuttal any counterarguments. So there was no ignoring on my part.

BTW...weren't you supposed to create threads about every inconsistency in the bible from that other thread which were brought to your attention? I noticed that you never did follow through wit that? Are you not an individual of your word?

Just because I have not done so yet, does not mean I will not. It is something that requires extensive research and much time. And I think most JW's are more likely to be mislead by jwfacts arguments rather than a supposed Biblical inconsistency. So this has my priority.

Will anyone address these points?

1. The logical fallacy/double standard displayed when using the WT in your argument

2. The use of the greek words that form the phrase "great crowd" being ambiguous and used in numerous circumstances, and thus not making an automatic connection of Revelation 7 and 19

3. The ten common terms listed really not being that common at all.

4. The context and setting from the very beginning of Revelation 7 and how there is no change in setting.

5. How God will spread his tent and dwell with those who are already residing in heaven, before his throne and in his temple.

Or are we going to get more ad hominem attacks, more irrelevant hypothetical what if questions, and more attempts at sidetracking the issue into 607/1914/Biblical errancy/anything else to divert the issue at hand?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Why do you think anyone is going to take your arguments seriously, when you are only regurgitating what you are told, and what any JW or exJW has been told for years.

If it is obvious that the Great Crowd are on earth, why did the Watchtower teach for 50 years that they were in heaven?

BTW, that list you are discussing is from Franz, who came to believe that the great crowd is in heaven, the same Franz that was a writer of the Aid book, which is the basis for so much of what you believe.

• jam
    jam

To squash this, a few question. Do you believe Adam was

the first man born less then 7000yrs? Did the flood cover the

entire earth less the 5000 yrs. ago? Do you believe a ass can

talk or a snake? Just curious to see where your head is.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Like myself used to do as Bane....Recovery be Scripturizing...

• Recovery
    Recovery

Jwfacts to me (yesterday): " Much of the information at jwfacts.com is from the research of people far more gifted then me, and comes from JWN. The arguments on my site are there because they are the ones that ex-JWs use, not the other way around."

Jwfacts today: " BTW, that list you are discussing is from Franz, who came to believe that the great crowd is in heaven.. Why do you think anyone is going to take your arguments seriously, when you are only regurgitating what you are told, and what any JW or exJW has been told for years."

So I return the question to you Jwfacts: " Why do you think anyone is going to take your arguments seriously, when you are only regurgitating what you are told, and what any JW or exJW has been told for years."

Maybe you have been reading the Bible too much Jwfacts. You are starting to contradict yourself. (for those without a sense of humor, this is sarcasm)

Still waiting on you to offer something of substance besides diversionary questions.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There is no diversion. What you wrote is simply invalid.

" Why do you think anyone is going to take your arguments seriously, when you are only regurgitating what you are told, and what any JW or exJW has been told for years."

Good Question. They don't need to take the arguments seriously. They are there to show people differing points of view. It is up to the reader to decide which point of view has more substance. I have no fear of a person researching the Watchtower reasoning, and comparing it with my information. But the Watchtower is in fear of people reading alternative points of view and comparing it to their teachings. Why is that? Whether a person concludes that they Great Crowd is in heaven or on earth is not a big deal, but along the way, most will come to realise that the Watchtower leaders are not speaking for God.

If you want to quote our email exchange, then maybe you should have included this part.

"If you believe you are in the truth, you should humble yourself and stop contributing to JWN. I say humble, because being on the site is disobeying the GB, and so it is pride for you to think you know better than Jehovah's channel."

• jam
    jam

"Regurgitating what you are told."I was never told that

the Bible is a book of myths and folk tales.

• Recovery

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit