Jwfacts-- More Lies But This Time About The Great Crowd

by Recovery 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
  • Recovery
  • Recovery
    Recovery

The article makes another erroneous statement. It states:

"The Watchtower describes its history of this doctrine with misleading statements to support their new light theory. For example the following quote makes it appear that many Bible Students felt they were in line for an earthly resurrection.

"Prior to the 1930's, many of God's people were somewhat uncertain about their hope for future life. Some had thoughts about heavenly life but were fascinated by Bible teachings about a paradise earth." Watchtower 2001 January 15 p. 1"

Yes there were many JW's that believed that they were of an earthly class (Jehonadabs) and that is why the WT mentions many were happy and surprised when the great crowd was revealed to be an earthly class. Other WT statements clearly show that the Bible Students had many expectations regarding the future of the earth.

"As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized."Millions Now Living Will Never Die p.89

"Hence these faithful men may be expected on earth within the next few years." The Harp of God p.340

The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life.... being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth."Millions Now Living Will Never Die p.88

Another inaccurate and misleading mischaracterization of what JW's believed.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

recovery, if i may ask, what are your thoughts about 607 bce and 1914?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    More ad hominem attacks. More rhetoric. More repetition of the same argument already addressed in post 4. Hey, here's a challenge for you sebastious, why don't you address what I've written previously:

It seems you don't understand what an ad hominem fallacy is. If you come into a store without a shirt and shoes when it's clearly posted that you cannot come in without them, then the store owner can call you an idiot and it's not an ad hominem. An ad hominem is when personal attacks are used as a crutch when no substantial arguments are available. You are truly a baffoon parroting Watchtower dogma, you should be and are pitied. You have the power to change this at any time. Just put a damn shirt on.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You cannot use a common descriptive term (great crowd) and use it as the basis for concluding that the two scriptures are referring to the same group of persons.

Yes you can, actually, it's called interpreting literature. The same methods are used when interpreting allegory in books like the Grapes of Wrath or Moby Dick.

-Sab

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    HintofLime merely tried to show us that Revelation must be incorrect since it describes the four corners of the earth as square, not realizing that these are symbolic and not to be taken literally but I figured that didn't merit a serious response.

Funny how when the bible gets basic information right it is "inspired"... and when it gets it wrong, it is "being symbolic".

I would think that if GOD needed to convey important information to humans - he would work carefully and masterfully to clearly convey the concepts that he wanted conveyed.

For example, if I had something important to tell you - say I was walking down the street, and I noticed your house was on fire. Which is superior - for me to yell at your door:

A) "Attention Recovery! Your house is on fire. I see smoke coming from the front of the house. You need to leave immediately."

B) "And 7 trumpets sounded, and 7 stars fell upon the 7 seas, and the bowls of woe and of fire will be poured out upon the 4 corners of the trees of your vineyard, and scorpions will be set upon your bed, and the great prostitute of ruin will lay with the foundations of your roof"

One form of communication is competent. One is incompetent.

Visions and dreams are not a legitimate, effective form of communication. An intelligent God would by his nature be a master of clear, concise communication.

The god of the Bible clearly was not.

- Lime

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

If someone is in heaven and serves inside the temple of God which is in heaven "εν τω ναω" what dramatic evidence can you provide for the opposite?Why don't you just admit the truth ? The one that 99.99% of other christian denominations know already ?That the great crowd is a heavenly group of spritual creatures and that the only reason the WT wants them on earth SO desperately is to support their "clergy" class of which only 9 have the special priviledge of changing doctrine whereas the rest of the "anointed " on earth are non existant or not consulted in any way. This has been the most upseting twisted doctrine that stops 7,5 million partaking of the emblems every year and making a mockery of Jesus memorial .Get over it we're only going to heaven (hopefully without Antony Morris and co ,who are going to hell ,and that is a fact)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" Yes, nothing but the usual from mrsjones5. I am simply waiting for cedar to show up..."

Cedar's on vaca...or didn't you know that? Where you been? But in light of current happenings your topic is encreasingly boring. Been there, done that. Like I said, nothing new here folks.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Rather be in hades, I believe both 607 and 1914 to be factual and scriptural dates. But I'd rather not change the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit