Jwfacts-- More Lies But This Time About The Great Crowd

by Recovery 278 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
    Recovery

Leolaia do you have anything of perspective to add to the magic vs miracles thread?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Maybe, I'll check it out. I think I might have said something there some days ago.

BTW, I think in English too "will" can be used in a similar way. One could say "Obama will be president in 2013", meaning that he will win the November election, without implying that he isn't president right now. And saying "I predict that gas prices will go up" doesn't imply that they haven't already been rising....it means they won't stay the same or go down.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

recovery, do you have any explanation why your spirit directed organization is promoting active child molestors to the body of elders?

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

A repeat for Recovery. I think you missed it last time round.

A good idea would be to take advice from Emanuel Tov, a very clever, but at the same time humble and pragmatic scholar, emphasizing the difference between objectivity and subjectivity.

A definition of objectivity: “involving or deriving from sense perception or experience with actual objects, conditions, or phenomena”, e.g., objective awareness or data (Webster). Unfortunately the scope of an interpreter is limited, having to rely on the Biblical account, historical sources, as well as commentaries, to the detriment of true objectivity.

A definition of subjectivity is: “characteristic of belonging to reality as perceived rather than independent of mind” or “modified or affected by a personal view, experience or background”, e.g., subjective judgment (Webster).

Objective elements pertain to the description of the text as well as comparative historical data. However, the disciplines of translation as well as exegesis fall squarely in the subjective camp. In addition, a combination of subjective criteria and intuition is necessary to establish the importance of differences in ancient and modern translations, compared to the MT [Masoretic Text]. On the whole, something considered a solid fact by one scholar is contested by another. Because of the nature of interpretation, it attests to a great deal of subjectivity, which should be taken in account when appraising Biblical material.

The best explanation I have heard to explain your point of view is not found in Revelation at all, but in the book of Isaiah (66:1a). But keep in mind, it is based on interpretation according to the book of Isaiah. As Leolaia demonstrated, interpretation according to the book of Revelation would point in different direction altogether. At all times keep an open mind and do not try and enforce your interpretation on others. It might come back to haunt you (cf. E. Tov, Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible, p. 22).

• never a jw
    never a jw

Does anyone believe,as I do, that Recovery is not a guy acting independently, but actually acting for the WTS and sanctioned by the WTS. He definitely is not your average dub. A person of his intelligence would have been out of the bOrg a long time ago. So my conclusion is that he is part of the system that wants to retain power and control through lies and manipulation. I think he is close to the GO or the writing department. Maybe he is sort of a Roy Furulli, smart enough to present well written, but fallacious or false arguments.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Recovery is not a guy acting independently, but actually acting for the WTS and sanctioned by the WTS.

Interesting idea. There is a person that constantly answers on Yahoo Answers, who writes well and with a style very much like the Watchtower. I have always thought they were from the writing department. The difference is that person regularly quotes the Watchtower, whereas Recovery does not.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If recovery was, the WT and none of them can do rebuttals for all of this. They are going DOWN!

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

I think he is close to the GO or the writing department.

Recovery is an average minded doctrinal/semantics debater using this forum to fulfill his service hour requirements for his "pioneer" status. He has justified somehow in his mind he has special circumstances that allow him to assosciate with apostates. A direct violation and disfellowshipping offense by the very organization he defends.

I believe Recovery will be the first to admit he is not as brilliant as some of you give him credit for, nor is he anywhere close to anyone on/in the GB or WD. I would venture to guess Recovery is probably not an identifiable fixture even in his local congregation.

At least he stirs the pot here a little.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Recovery is an average minded doctrinal/semantics debater using this forum to fulfill his service hour requirements for his "pioneer" status. He has justified somehow in his mind he has special circumstances that allow him to assosciate with apostates. A direct violation and disfellowshipping offense by the very organization he defends.

The leaders of the Watchtower want JWFacts and the Conti Family smeared and they would have no problem employing a man with the skill set of the poster "Recovery." You need a man of questionable character to attack in the way the Watchtower needs. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a paid agent of the Society. Then again, your assessment that he is just a mad JW (he could be the poster theMadJW, btw) who is getting in dirty field service hours is plausible. The Watchtower formula is designed to breed narcissists who will defend them at any cost, even if that means steeping into infamy:

People who are overly narcissistic commonly feel rejected, humiliated and threatened when criticised. To protect themselves from these dangers, they often react with disdain, rage , and/or defiance to any slight criticism, real or imagined. To avoid such situations, some narcissistic people withdraw socially and may feign modesty or humility. In cases where the narcissistic personality-disordered individual feels a lack of admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation, s/he may also manifest a desire to be feared and to be notorious (narcissistic supply).

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit