New GB Member - Mark Sanderson

by respectful_observer 205 Replies latest members adult

• ziddina
    ziddina

Haw!!!

Billy, you are TOOOOOO bad...!!

And the girls Looooove bad boys, don'tcha know!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

He also noted, "Our patients have been undergoing major surgeries from liver transplants to open-heart surgery without blood transfusions for many years before these products were ever conceived."

He is the right man for the job, considering the condescension and dishonesty of the above comment.

Liver transplants became (re-)allowed by the Watchtower in 1980. Products like Hemopure had been conceived and the development actively pursued for many decades before then. For example this is from the Hemopure web site.

The need for oxygen-carrying solutions was identified in the 1940's in response to soldiers dying in battle from oxygen deprivation caused by blood loss. However, the logistics and costs associated with blood transfusion (e.g., collection, refrigeration, typing, crossmatching, etc.) warranted another alternative. Subsequent research efforts through the 1980's had poor results resulting from imperfect purification techniques and a lack of understanding of the physiology associated with oxygen delivery. During the 1980's and 90's, dramatic improvements in purification techniques and a new understanding of how to modify native hemoglobin allowed OPK Biotech to overcome many of the problems that plagued previous HBOC development programs. http://www.hemopure.co.za/oxy_drug_class.php

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

BluePill that is the funniest thing I've seen for ages, and the guys at work love it. That will definitely go viral.

Do you know what program was used to make it?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Liver transplants became (re-)allowed by the Watchtower in 1980.

Yeah. When he was a 15 year old.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Great thread on the Watchtower's new pope

Scott77

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

I remember his morning worships. He seemed genuine enough, but I got a creepy control freak vibe from him. I don't know the man personally.

• oproski
    oproski

Hot damn. I knew Mark very well a few years back, he was kind of a JW mentor. Anyone who wants more info can PM me or reply on my comment on this article on reddit, I'd rather not have to reply to two threads:

http://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/zehtv/possible_new_gb_member_appointed/c6439mq

I'm oproski there as well.

• dozy
    dozy

well - according to oproski he sounds like a decent guy ( his comments below ). Lets hope so - maybe he can be a moderating influence. ( Though in my experience as an elder , humble decent guys tended to get shouted down & sidelined. )

Certainly something of a change in the appointments process. In recent times , potential GB members have been appointed as Nethinim & "groomed" for a few years - it sounds like this guy hasn't gone through that process.

Actually his experience in dealing with discussions with hospital officials etc on blood is probably positive. I knew a HLC member who used to be a JW die-hard on transfusions & actually changed his viewpoint after speaking to a lot of medical staff & realised the WTBTS position didn't make any sense. Sometimes being in the frontline , talking to real professionals in the field & having to defend what is a ridiculous doctrine makes a person give the matter serious thought.

oproski - " I knew Mark (real name is Douglas, he uses his middle name) very well a few years back, even went camping together one time lol. He was in my Russian cong for a while and took it upon himself to be a JW father figure/mentor (dad was never in "the truth") to me. This is quite interesting news, I'd been hearing that this was gonna happen for years. I gotta say, he's easily the meekest, most humble man I've ever met, and very smart to boot. I'm actually quite relieved that someone like him is on the body. If there's anyone that might talk some sense into them, it's him. "

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

HEy Billy Ex Bethelite!

Wasn't that "Oompa" on your picture at page 5?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

He's not married and has no kids? A 47 year old man who has never married and has no kids = a chronic wanker. Mark Hand Solo Sanderson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit