New GB Member - Mark Sanderson

by respectful_observer 205 Replies latest members adult

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What do you think inspires someone in his mid 30's to start partaking?

Mental Illness.

One of the symptoms of bi-polar disorder is a feeling of being close to God or communicating with God. Attached is one person's experience.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/mania-or-god-t166922.html#axzz2GMQvoSQw

When I was supposedly manic, I felt God's presence whereever I went. Even some of my peers said that they sensed God around me. I also heard God speak to me during this time, which makes sence. As expected with God, I also felt as though Jesus was in God's presence, but was within me. I know this sounds delusional, but I still think it might have been real, because some other experiences in the past had physical proof. Just so you know, I didn't think I was Jesus or God. I believe I understood the experience as well as I possibly could. Can any one relate to this?

As someone raised as a JW, I can think of nothing that would explain the "close to God" symptom as deciding that one has been choses as a member of the Annointed Class.

Oh yeah. The WTS agrees.

*** Watchtower 8/15/2011 p. 22 Questions From Readers *** Memorial partakers. This is the number of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. [Emphasis added]

Ya gotta wonder. . . .

Doc

• Think About It
    Think About It

Excellent......these 8 JW dorks are equal to the Bible Apostles.

• label licker
    label licker

When Mark was living out west he was already anointed in his early twenties. He wasn't an elder yet and therefore wasn't giving public talks yet. He was also serious with someone but broke it off with her because he was anointed and she wasn't. He felt that would be unfair to her knowing he would one day be up there and her down here alone. I'm not sure if they were engaged but if they were she could have taken him to court for breach of contract. I wonder what he thinks of Jackson with a girlfriend.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I think it's telling that in the July 15, 2013 WT one page article introducing this new GB member any mention of or reference to his age is notably missing! The guy's only 47 years old!!!

The article does mention he was baptized in February of 1975. (I think I can guess the reason why!)

According to the stats VM44 posted above, that would mean he was only 9 years old when he was baptized. (Probably this will become the "New Standard" for born-in baptisms).

Also, the Bethel families learned this back in September of 2012. Why did the rest of the R&F have to wait nearly an entire year to hear this news?

On Wednesday morning, September 5, 2012, it was announced to the United States and Canada Bethel families that a new member had been added to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Effective September 1, 2012, Mark Sanderson began to serve in that capacity.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Oub,

Mark Sanderson baptized 8 or 9 old. He can be the new governing Body poster boy for baptizing under age minors.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He is 48 now. His birthday was April 2.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Iamallcool, you're absolutley right! I wasn't invited to his Birthday Party so I missed that he's another year older!

Either way, it makes you wonder: How old was he when he started partaking and claiming he was one of the anointed? Either it was pretty recent or he was very young.

It's all nonsense to be sure, but the fact is: He does not fit the profile. But of course no one can fit the profile because WT theology is absurd.

So they have to revise their teaching to kinda, sorta match reality, but even then it's still nonsense.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Gotta wonder whether he's one of the "mentally unstable" partakers-come-lately.... and of the reaction to his appointment by the older anointed hangers-on at Bethel who were passed over.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Gotta wonder whether he's one of the "mentally unstable" partakers-come-lately....

Sanderson is another delusional Watchtower lacky. This Johnny come lately now has more status in JW theology than Charles Taze Russell. Freakin unbelieveable what this cult has morphed into.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Think About It: Sanderson is another delusional Watchtower lacky. This Johnny come lately now has more status in JW theology than Charles Taze Russell.

Charles Taze Who???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit