New GB Member - Mark Sanderson

by respectful_observer 205 Replies latest members adult

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So much for scuttlebutt! ^^^^^ Shows you what the rank and file know about anything.

Shit! I shook the guy's hand!

I'll make sure I wash it. . .

• VM44
    VM44

Time to due some math.

In 2012 we have:

SANDERSON, GRACE E (Age 71)

SANDERSON, DOUGALS C (Age 82)

JWN poster Superman wrote the following:

"Up pops a marriage license from Clark County, Nevada for a Grace E. Rutherford married to Douglas Crawford Sanderson 31 August, 1957."

In 1957 we have at the time of their marriage:

RUTHERFORD, GRACE E (Age 16)

SANDERSON, DOUGALS C (Age 27)

So in 1957 we have a 27 year old man marrying a 16 year old girl in Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

VM44, thanks for all your research! Interesting stuff.

How'd you determine his B-day and age? When I clicked on the link from the Philippines census data it did NOT include a birthdate:

2009-25FV2ZR9EQ-2011

If you answered that already, my apologies. I read most, but not all of the 9 pages of this thread.
    00DAD
  • VM44
    VM44

Hi 00DAD,

"When I clicked on the link from the Philippines census data it did NOT include a birthdate:"

The same thing happened to me a few days ago when I was using Google.

That is, Google whould display a "snippet" of information from the SOIS website that included his birthdate, but when I went to the actual SOIS webpage, the birthdate information was not there!

But what Google did returned for a birthdate matched exactly with information from the California Birth Index, so it is very likely that he was born in the year 1965.

VM44

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

So in 1957 we have a 27 year old man marrying a 16 year old girl in Clark County (Las Vegas) Nevada.

Wow.

• sir82
    sir82

Having known my share of 40-something never-married raised-as-a-JW folks, all I can say is, if you're hoping this guy will help "reform" the GB or soften the WT position on blood or DF-ing or anything else, well, good luck while you're waiting. Hope you brough a long book.

Regarding the timing of his "anointing":

The WTS has gone on record stating that the "overlap" of the "groups" in a "generation" happens just once. Geoff Jackson emphasized this repeatedly in a convention talk I heard a few years go. One overlap only - not an overlap over another overlap over another overlap....

Of course, they will change that in a decade or 2 when circumstances force them to do so, but for now that is their official postion.

Thus, in order for Sanderson be part of the "overlap" he would have had to become anointed prior to 1992, when Fred Franz (last of the "anointed prior to 1914" group) died. That would mean an anointing at age 27 or less.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

VM44, thanks for the clarification.

sir82: That would mean an anointing at age 27 or less.

It would. I don't see how any of the current R&F could buy that, but then I have to remind myself that they'll buy anything the GB is selling!

• VM44
    VM44

Sanderson's birthdate can be found at the SOIS website.

Go to this web patge:

http://sois.census.gov.ph/content/2009-25fv2zr9eq-2011

Enter "sanderson" in the Search Box, and you will see his birth date.

... Douglas Mark Last Name: Sanderson Birth Date: April 02, 1965 Birth ...

• VM44
    VM44

Many JWs will probably say the following about Mark Sanderson being appointed to the Governing Body:

OK, he's 47 years old....So what?

• Splash
    Splash

This reasoning should be based on the whole of the remnant (do we still use that word?).

e.g. Any of the anointed born in 1914 would, in 1965, only be 51 yrs old.

If, then, someone was born in 1965 (Mark Sanderson), their lives very clearly overlap.

Let's expand this:

Any of the anointed born in 1914 would have been 86 in the year 2000. (note, they are not born anointed but become so later).

If someone was born in 2000, their lives would overlap, and that person born in 2000 could become anointed and live to be 100.

This means that 'one generation' would be from 1914 until 2100, and still fit the WT statement:

w10 4/15 p.10 par.14 Holy Spirit’s Role in the Outworking of Jehovah’s Purpose

"He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. "

Notice the WT does NOT say:

"He evidently meant that the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit