wts made a video about masturbation IN SIGN LANGUAGE, WITH GESTURES

by rebel8 293 Replies latest members adult

• mrsampl3
    mrsampl3

The book should be called "Learn Masturbation Signs From The Great Teacher".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M813wzfNF64&feature=plcp

Phew, these guys really seem to be enjoying....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's funny how the non-deaf people on this thread think they are more expert on the appropriate use of sign language than the deaf people. As far as I can make out two deaf people have commented on the videos and both have said they don't see anything wrong with the sign language used.

• mrsampl3
    mrsampl3

What makes it weird (and funny, if u are pervert like me) is those actors facial expressions and body movements. Just over acting it, they should be more careful how strongly they do those signs.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And yet another sign language expert.

The deaf people on the thread have said there is nothing wrong with the sign language used!

• maisha
    maisha

The sign is well presented, Accurate!. The facial expressions are accurate.

I Think it is not fair to mock another persons world, one you have no idea about.

Try doing a course in a sign school see how you get on. Put yourself in their shoes.

• mrsampl3
    mrsampl3

Slimboyfat: Ok then. If i ever go to a District Convention again, i will go to deaf's section. Just want to see with my own eyes that show.

I'm pretty sure they won't be so dramatic then..

• maisha
    maisha

And when you go in there take a copy of what you just sad, place a video camera on a stand pointing at you, hand each one a copy , and wait to get slapped silly!..

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"A Stolen Essence" by Terrylene Sacchetti.

Poem in ASL. Its on youtube.

A useful comparison with the young guy with his three slow strokes...

HB

• Quendi
    Quendi

I knew a woman who used to sign at district conventions and circuit assemblies for the deaf. She told me that since the language is entirely visual, the more emphatic the gestures, the better her audience could appreciate what was being said from the platform. Emphasis is very, very important in ASL, and deaf people want to see that in interpreters. She was often thanked by deaf Witnesses for the emphasis and enthusiasm of her signing. I can understand that.

I agree with slimboyfat and those who are deaf or have worked with them, that there is nothing wrong with the presentation in the video from a purely technical standpoint. Both the hand and facial gestures have the right emphasis, and that emphasis must include enthusiasm. My problem is the forum in which the Society has chosen to present this material as well as the subject matter itself.

A forum easily accessed by young children is not the appropriate place for these presentations. You would not see this at a kingdom hall public talk, for instance. Parents would be up in arms, and rightfully so. If it’s inappropriate for the kingdom hall, then it shouldn’t be presented online. And then there is the subject matter itself, something that should be outside the purview of a religious organization.

Some might raise the valid objection that the Bible frankly discusses sexual issues and it is a religious book. That is certainly true as is the point that sex is discussed quite graphically in the Scriptures. But those passages are, for the most part, in the Hebrew Scriptures under the strict guidelines for living by the Mosaic Law. That covenant is no longer in force for professing Christians and so there is no need for the kind of detailed discussion and rules the Law had.

Bad enough that the WTS sees fit to dictate to people on very private matters, but if it feels the necessity to do so, what is wrong with printing a notice in Our Kingdom Ministry that such visual material is available and can be ordered through the local congregation? It seems to me that would be the proper way to handle this.

Quendi

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Quendi - Well the book this is taken from is "Keep Yourselves in God's Love". It is studied after the Bible Teach book, which is the primary study tool. So it needs to be accessed and available to and for the public.

In other words, it wasn't designed for Witnesses who been in forever. But for the public after they got done with Bible Teach. So going through the KM would be a hassle given the volume that is needed.

I agree the organization is taking a role they have no business, though. So it shouldn't be an issue. But since they make the rules, they need to make the rules available, cost efficiently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit