Service meeting topic: Masturbation

by perfect1 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" It wasnt a local needs jonsey, it was a theocratic ministry school talk"

I really don't remember the content of thos e either. Yay me.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I knew right away this was going to get out of hand

But I am laughing too hard to lock it.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Haha I got assigned that talk and tricked someone into trading it with me. They needed a favor and I said, sure but I need you to cover a talk for me in a few weeks cause I have to work. He agreed without asking the theme. His own fault. He was none too happy.

• cedars
    cedars

One thing I would like to know...

Was this talk given with audience participation? Did the speaker take any hands?

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

Our speaker started "You know the phrase 'the devil finds work for idle hands'...".

ew.

Splash (but wishing that wasn't my name right now)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

You guys are so funny. hahahahaha

Seriously though, I don't recall a talk in MS on the above topic.

>>>Dismissing servant...I viewed the link to the Societys ASL video #22.

I giggled so much!

I would LOVE to have this Brother from the #22 VIDEO (truly a must see!), over to a JW party, preferably after a long hot District Convention is over. It is Sunday night. The ties and high heels are off. Everyone is happy and feeling good. After everyone has a least one drink, introduce this as our ASL ELDER and he would like to give a short talk to us. Does anyone here understand ASL? No? Well I'll just pass out some papers and pens and write down whatever you think this fine young brother is trying to say to us. At the climax, I mean end, we will see who got closest to the peak/thread of what he was trying to do, or not do, I mean, what the heck was he doing, I mean saying? hahahahaha I wanna go to a party!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Lady Lee: I knew right away this was going to get out of hand ... But I am laughing too hard to lock it.

Thanks, we gotta' have SOME fun!

• rebel8
    rebel8

It is gross on so many levels

-to have a public talk about it in a religious milieu

-to have the talk in front of kids

-to wrongly call it 'self abuse'

-to even allow, let alone encourage, young people to give such talks

-that an entire congregation of grown adults passively and/or actively consents to this

Super crazy fundie wacko behavior.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I'm kinda glad this thread is starting to dwindle down and will be over soon, knock on wood.

NJY

• simon17
    simon17

Yep rebel8.... I felt guilty because of these talks even when I was too young to do it (or know exactly what it was. Just figured I probably was). That's sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit