Service meeting topic: Masturbation

by perfect1 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• Fernando
    Fernando

This is how religion manufactures hypocrites... say one thing in public, and do another in private...

• Heaven
    Heaven

How many songs about it can we list?

'She Bop' by Cyndi Lauper

On a more serious note though, heed this advice from Ernest Borgnine about staying young:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1T9XC3XPc

• Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It sounds like you're all tooting your own horn!

Ill have what he's having.

• Heaven
    Heaven

YES! YES! YES!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That sure sounds like a stupid topic. I can remember a teacher demonstrating that one way to ensure someone remembers something is to tell them not to. As with the precise speed of light being 186,282.397 miles per second (and back then, they actually used miles). The teacher did that as a demonstration--I wonder how many other students remember that specific fact because the teacher told them not to remember it.

Now, if a fact like that can be remembered that easily with a single admonition not to remember it (and as a demonstration), then what happens when they continually urge people not to think about masturbation? If they keep hounding people to not think of it, they are going to think about it. And all the worse because you keep reminding them of it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Getting assigned a talk like that would really rub me the wrong way.

For an elder to assign such a subject to a kid is abuse. For the kid to accept the talk and give it, that's self-abuse.

He'd be so nervous that his delivery would be wooden and stiff, I'm sure. Maybe he'd slouch behind the podium rather than stand erect and upright.

Daddyo, I've got a bone to pick with all your euphemisms.

The ASL video would have been much more interesting if Sofia Vergara would have been signing it...

Sofia

Wait, they wouldn't have a sister "teaching" like that. Pity.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    As amusing as this thread is for a non jw I can't even begin to comprehend sitting in a 'church' type setting and having this discussed with all ages and mixed company! Tell a regular (non jw) person this goes on in a kh and they are appalled. So much so it is enough to keep some people from ever stepping foot in a kh they are so disgusted by this practice in dubland.

I was at a Watchtower study once where a few of the paragraphs were covering the topic of circumcision (one of the WT's favorite subjects) and a little girl raised her hand and told us the difference, in detail between circumcision of the heart and actual circumcision. It was just weird. I was so glad there were no new bible studies there or visiting non JW family members there. I couldn't beleive the parents let her raise her hand on that paragraph and or the conductor didn't have sense enough to let someone else comment.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Billy, I was mad at you until I saw the pic you posted ... and then I couldn't remember why I was mad at you.

I feel all the blood rushing away from my brain for some reason ....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Daddyo, you were mad at me for coming late.A thread about masturbation and I don't pop my head in until page 5. I must really be slipping.

I don't know if I've missed the main thrust of the conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit