Service meeting topic: Masturbation

by perfect1 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• perfect1
    perfect1

One of my strangest memories of going to the KH was when a young- maybe 18-20, pimply young man got up to talk about JHVHs view of masturbation during a service meeting.

Of course, it was impossible to think about him NOT masturbating. I was just hitting puberty and found the whole thing very uncomfortable- I think my Dad was even critiquing him (what is that called when elder gives the feedback)

Looking back now I can see that to publicly condemn masturbation, especially when a young man is delivering this admonition, is- well- hilarious. perverse. disturbing. and then funny again.

Did you ever have to give that talk- can anyone relate to this.

*just remembered this was a talk from the Questions Young People (Never) Ask book

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

All I can say is: "What a JERK!!!"LOL

• MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Hmmm...I'll be back in a few minutes ha ha

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yea guess who got to give that talk in his hall when he was teenager *eyeroll* even as a teen i felt that was a stupid ass topic for the org to take a stand on.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Matthew 6:1-4, “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, Truly, I say to you, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your masturbating may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

So basically what I'm reading is, masturbating in the dark is OK with JWs, since you (or your hands) cannot see in the dark?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I was the TMS Overseer at the time. Even though it was a #2 Talk which was supposed to be given by younger brothers or less experienced speakers, I assigned that particular talk to an older brother in the KH.

I figured we wanted to hear from someone with some first-hand experience with the subject. It was a hard subject, but he handled it very well!

You could tell he really had a grasp of the subject as he firmly discussed the matter at great length.

He didn't draw things out needlessly, but brought the talk to an appropriate climax within the allotted time.

Although it really could have been messy, he was very neat in the way he concluded with a Happy Ending.

Nobody was rubbed the wrong way and everyone in the audience was glad they came too!

I think we had the Oral Review the following week ....

00Naughty

• dontplaceliterature
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

I will never forget the poor 20ish guy that had to give that talk, I think his name was Andre ;-) ....what a cruel organization this is to guilt people into joining a "school" and then being assigned something like this...everybody was embarrassed for him.

I remember being dumbfounded that people were actually sitting in a building at 8pm on a thursday night listening to a talk about masterbation. Young kids who should be home sleeping, are sitting there listening to this $hit. Unfreakingbelievable.

Truely a weird freaky-ass religion we were all a part of.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    a young- maybe 18-20, pimply young man got up to talk about JHVHs view of masturbation during a service meeting.

That's kind of like Madonna singing Like a Virgin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit