Anonymous Message to Watchtower

by jwleaks 343 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon
    For someone who was ready to bale out of the conversation a page ago, you suddenly have a lot to say for yourself.

second wind

Your actions are ignorant Cedars. I'm sorry if you think not but then for you it is clear that the end always justifies the means. Someone who thinks collateral damage that involves families being destroyed is ok is not going to worry about just being rude.

Why have you not posted the email?

I never said I would prefer nothing happened at all. I said they should go right to the top and get stuff that properly implicates the leadership in a cover up. Which I think they are trying to do. I had been arguing that it should not be made public. You are arguing it is better to go straight to the police. It is likely to be of limited value to them but I agree it is certainly better than it being released to the public.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"If Anonymous obtains the database, surely they won't delete the original file that exists on WTS servers. At any point in the future the proper authorities can still get ahold of this information from the WTS, unless of course the WTS destroys the information. And if the WTS hasn't destroyed the database up to this point I don't see why they would due to Anonymous' activities.

Am I looking at this wrong? What am I missing?"

It's a complex legal issue pertaining to rules of evidence, that varies from state to state, country to country, to avoid the problem of "fruit from the tainted tree" ie inadmissibility of evidence obtained illegally (allegedly illegally). It CAN be avoided, but it requires consultation with a lawyer to make sure it's done properly.

• cedars
    cedars

"Why have you not posted the email?"

Some of us go about our business discreetly, especially when trying to open a dialogue between a charity, the police, and an international hacker group. Fool.

"You are arguing it is better to go straight to the police. It is likely to be of limited value to them but I agree it is certainly better than it being released to the public."

Which is what I'm trying to do, so what's your problem? Quit whinging!

Cedars

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Why is there a problem with Anonymous obtaining the list? It isn't as if Anonymous will delete the original file. Can't the police/courts/others still verify the information?

Edited to add: The database obtained by Anonymous doesn't have to be the information used in courts does it? Can't the court subpoena the WTS for the database?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Blind no more sez:

"King Solomon, In general, prosecuting and convicting sex offenders especially pedophiles is the hardest thing in the criminal justice(in the US). Realistically, any movement outside of legit authorities, one can expect more Media exposure and long term effect on its target than anything. Just as has been in the case with Scientology."

Where I live, they're equally likely to throw hackers in jail as pedophiles; maybe even moreso, as hackers are attacking the "man", not the most helpless... But having worked in prisons. I dare say they don't have to decide: they make them bunk up. :)

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

All I can say is I am disgusted with some of your ignorant comment on sexual abuse issue and its related anatomy.

That very same attitude helped my child's perpetrator to rape her and 2 others. Do you know while my child being interrogated by the elders for commiting fornication, the perpetrator was raping another 14 year old at the same time? The rapist was 18/19 at the time and had free ticket to rape whoever he ran into while Jehovah's Witnesses elders intergating his victim for guilty of fornication instead. Sick!!!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"Why is there a problem with Anonymous obtaining the list? It isn't as if Anonymous will delete the original file. Can't the police/courts/others still verify the information?

Edited to add: The database obtained by Anonymous doesn't have to be the information used in courts does it? Can't the court subpoena the WTS for the database?"

Answer is the same: fruit from a tainted tree.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit_of_the_poisonous_tree

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

I understand now, thanks King Solomon.

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

For those who would like to see a perfect example of "double talk" from jamesmahon, behold...!!

post 490...

"This from the NSPCC. Seems they want to contact the police. Little good it will do mind. You appear to have been right Cedars about their going straight to police but will see."

post 499

"I'm sorry, but it appears that Cedars now agrees that the list is best handed over to the authorities."

So, in one post he admits that it was my preference all along. In the other he makes it sound like a recent development or "U-turn" on my part, and something he was gunning for all along.

What a fraud.

Cedars you cheeky monkey! You know full well that post 490 was a comment in agreement that the NSPCC would go to the police, not that they should do or that the list should not be handed over to the police. This is completely out of context. 'Little good it will do' is in relation to the fact that the police could not stop this if they wanted to.

The second post is an entirely different post. What made you change your mind by the way from nothing we could do to feeling you can email the NSPCC promising you can deliver this list to the authorities if anonymous is left alone?

• cedars
    cedars

jamesmahon - your comments speak for themselves, regardless of the spin you now try to put on them.

By dragging this out, any ounce of dignity or credibility you may have had is unravelling further. You could have taken pride in initiating contact with the NSPCC and "testing the water" with them, so to speak. Instead you lambast me for seizing the initiative and contacting them with a view to pursuing a course that you now admit is in both our interests. What a joke!

Finally, I haven't "promised" anything to anyone. I am merely working on it. Once again, you try to put words in my mouth. People see through it you know.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit