Anonymous Message to Watchtower

by jwleaks 343 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

jamesmahon

Cedars. I think you are a bit deluded that a man accused of being a child molestor can just clear his name by 'making his case'. Can you tell me how that works exactly?

"Before starting the ministry school tonight, Brother Green has something to announce from the platform"

"I know my name is on the list. I promise I did not touch up Jenny Johnson. She made it all up."

Jesus - think about this will you? It will just open this all up for the victim again. With chances of successful prosecution diminished because the list is in the public domain. Even if the guy is guilty he lied his way out of it before and will just do it again, inflicting more damage on the victim.

I had an example related to me only the other week where an elder who molested a child was named in a BOOK and is still serving. Why? Because nobody reads apostate literature.

Publication of the list doesn't automatically equate to problems for the accused. And even if there are problems - of course there are ways and means for the person's name to be cleared if he or she is innocent.

Think about it.

Cedars

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Purplesofa

you mean bigger than the mess that there already is?

Yup. Or possibly a different big mess.

• cedars
    cedars

Right, I'm emailing Felicity Aspinall. Thanks James.

Cedars

• Bella15
    Bella15

I get even mad when I think that the WATCHTOWER corporation has a list of pedos in their ranks ... why governmental agencies don't take action, when will the FBI here in the USA take action ...

I have wished in the past for groups like wikileaks infiltrate the Watchtower corporation on this issue ... and I think God will use groups likes these to expose this PAID SHEPARDS that are eating up his flock ... I know He will, everything He puts in my heart when I was dealing with my niece sexual abuse at the hands of JWs has come to pass or it is in the works ...

Never my God will leave exempt these criminals, sooner or later they will pay for their acts whether personal or corporate ... the fullness of their time will be complete SOON!

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Put simply, the list HAS to come out so that the rank & file JWs can make an informed choice about who they associate with.

The watchtower absolutely deserves the shit storm that's coming their way. I mean, how many court cases can they fight at once?

Once it's out, the kiddy fiddlers that are in the congregations won't have access to their easy prey. JWs are so naive. These pedos need to be properly marked.

• cedars
    cedars

I've emailed Felicity at the NSPCC, and copied in my contact at that charity. I'm going to try to solicit assurances that the list of offenders will be duly processed and criminal proceedings brought where appropriate if we can deliver the names straight to the authorities. In other words, I want assurances that the list won't merely be dismissed as having been "illegally obtained". We'll see what the response is.

Cedars

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon

Cedars

I've said my preference would be for the information to find its way directly to the authorities.

News to me. It was to broadcast it to the congregation, then it was the congregation are useless and will hide them anyway, now it is the best thing is to pass it to the authorities. Which, if it is to be released, I have argued all along should happen. Why can't this happen exactly? Is it because Anonymous might be good at hacking into things and that is the challenge? They do not think about how to make the best use of that information.

I am not the one pulling the strings in all of this.

Noone said you were. But I have only argued that anonymous could handle this better than they appear to be doing. Which appears you are doing now. Why don't they threaten to make the list public unless the WTBTS hands over all its case information to the police? Including the stuff not on computers.

I won't be drawn on the maths. I simply favor transparency and the rule of law over secrecy and the absence of law.

Fascinating. Because what you are arguing is for transparency of allegations being made public coupled with the absence of law and public opinion judging whether someone is innocent or not. I have been arguing that because of the severity of these allegations the only place they should be examined is within a court of law.

The decision does not rest in my hands. I have told you my order of preference - namely that the names be leaked directly to the authorities and, if this weren't to happen, at least leaked into the public domain. This would still be preferable to pedophiles continuing to operate unchallenged and with free access to potentially hundreds of children, both now and in the future.

This discussion has never been about who is making the decision. We all said ages ago that there was no way to stop these people, although I still hope we can influence them. You equate releasing this information into the public domain stopping pedophiles when in a previous post you said congregations who had been complicit in hiding or supporting these people (and it is not just the elders but others as well) will continue to do so.

Ask them - but I imagine it wouldn't be much of a leak without names being mentioned.

Great. I hope all the victims of abuse on this site are looking forward to every tom, dick and prince harry going through the details of their abuse. Guess it will make them feel better. And I bet none of those victims will be ostracised by congregations for having made an allegation (if they have not already had that happen). Is this a fair price to pay?

I would wager that none of the people who have been actively supported this have even thought that victims' names and details of abuse they suffered will aslo likely be revealed.

The more we pick at this the less of an unambiguously great idea it appears to be.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Whats to stop tampering with the list once obtained?

"Straight to the authorities" ...? How's that gonna work? The list would be inadmissable as already pointed out due to the lack of correct proceedure and the required levels of information security.

James:

I would wager that none of the people who have been actively supported this have even thought that victims' names and details of abuse they suffered will aslo likely be revealed.

Absobloodylutely!!

• jamesmahon
    jamesmahon
    I've emailed Felicity at the NSPCC, and copied in my contact at that charity. I'm going to try to solicit assurances that the list of offenders will be duly processed and criminal proceedings brought where appropriate if we can deliver the names straight to the authorities. In other words, I want assurances that the list won't merely be dismissed as having been "illegally obtained". We'll see what the response is.

Well done Cedars. And I do mean that.

However, whilst I think that is fine I think the fact that you thought you had the right to just email someone who had been in contact with me is downright ignorant. Perhaps you could at least have asked for my email to copy me in? Or perhaps you would like to post the email you sent to her like I did. I'm sorry but what you just did was really, really low. We could have reached a concensus on the board on the best way forwards but clearly your opinion trumps everyone elses. However strongly I felt about something I would never dream of being so arrogant to do what you have done. Can we see your email please?

So now you are in a position with anonymous to deliver what you promised? Perhaps someone here does have something they are hiding and your vigorous defence of their actions makes sense.

• cedars
    cedars

jamesmahon - there isn't much more to discuss at this stage. I've emailed the NSPCC and various others, and I'm working on getting this done as responsibly as possible if it's within my power.

Thanks for your help.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit