It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• wasblind
    wasblind

" In fact, in pioneer school, IIRC I was taught it's a serious sin to ask for or believe in a sign. Jehovah doesn't "do" signs. He doesn't communicate directly with humans nowadays. Asking for a sign shows a lack of faith. Signs can be from demons."

Rebel8

I was told that by the sister who studied wit me. In the Reasoning from the scriptures book under

the main heading of DREAMS, the subheading ask:

" In the past, God used dreams to give warnings, instruction, and prophecy, but is he leading his people in that way now ????________Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 105

The WTS would certainly consider her " Weak " as a fulltime pioneer it would serve her well to research the stuff she peddle

Wherever her sign came from was a no-no

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

..Three sundays ago,i was praying and asking God for a sign or something because i was so confused...i told him exactly what i needed to see for me to believe.I was feeling terrible--crying and feeling sick because i was so confused.Ten minutes after, i walked into the kingdom hall and to my surprise--my prayer was answered!

Well, glory be! Miracle of all miracles. I bet everyone in the congregation was shocked that Jesus stopped being invisible right there in the main auditorium and announced that the Great Tribulation was well underway.

NO? Was it something less than that? Did new scriptures appear that tell the congregation how to totally successfully recruit people in the door-to-door work? Or was it maybe that all the ailments of all the congregation were removed- glasses tossed away, hearing aids taken out, crutches and wheelchairs pushed aside?

NO?

If your prayed for sign was miraculous, I am sure you will share it with us. I mean, it's proof that "these" are God's people doing God's will. I am sure it's not some minor sign that could be a big coincidence, like "I will know this is the truth if that nosey sister says absolutely nothing to me and that brother that always stares at my breasts maintains eye contact." Yeah, my mother offered some huge coincidence "signs" to me, that I could explain away easily if I weren't under the influences of cognitive dissonance and mind control.

I mean, even if you prayed that Sister Fashionable was mismatched and that Brother Baldy finally stopped wearing his tupee, and that that the talk would be about Noah's Ark and would be exactly 29 minutes and 29 seconds long, coincidences do happen, Sister.

So share this wonderful thing with us, so we too, will know we should go back.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Well, as long as she watches her back. The Society has a secret list of 23 000 pedophiles (and counting) on their books according to Silent Lambs. With such a statistic at the back of your mind: How on earth would you be able to participate in the preaching work and sleep well at night?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Are you at least gonna stop calling it "THE TRUTH" and calling it more like "half truth" "the truth for NOW until we change it" "the truth except when we lie..."

Your like my Witness buddy YOU NEED THIS SOOO MUCH .......de-nile is not just a river in egypt......like in the movie Matrix you chose to remain in the machine and live a fake existence.....have a good life, but you'll learn more here in a month then years of robot question and answer at the Watchtower on Sundays!

Good luck!

• blondie
    blondie

I was a slow learner, inactive twice, finally saw the light and have been out over 10 years this third time, not going back. After 3 countries and over 20 congregations and sincere attempts to dance the WT dance, I finally did my bible study and history research on the WTS using their own publications, their own words.

Keep thinking, keep researching.

Blondie

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I wish you the best. We have to do what works best for our own circumstances. I found in my case,I couldn't go back after much research and even prayer.

In the first few months of my "awakening" I considered going back and trying to forget what I had learned about the Watchtower religion,but my heart was no longer in it.

I don't know if it will ever be the same again once our eyes are opened. I heard a fantastic quote on television of all places,"It's great to have an open mind about things,but not so open that your brain doesn't fall out." I guess you could take it either way.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Didn't you say that you were marked for pursuing a higher education?

Well, good luck to you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I finally did my bible study and history research on the WTS using their own publications, their own words."

Me too Blondie,

Ain't nothin' wrong wit bein' a slow learner, one thing about it, you learned

as for me, I was duped at the door, because of ignorance

I'm so shame

• Quandry
    Quandry

Wish you the best.

At least don't put all your goals on hold. I spent over thirty years in the organization, humbly doing everything I could to be a good JW. I worked at menial jobs, wishing I could get an education, but as hubby was an elder, he said it would not be a good example to the congregation. I decided when my daughter was growing up, though, that she would not work and struggle like I did. She is a small, delicate person, and sooo smart. I told her that she would get an education. She could never last as a house cleaner, or waitress, etc. She got a college degree in Biology, and works in a lab.I am almost through with my college degree, although at sixty years old I hardly expect to find a new and exciting career.

Don't look back on your life years from now, wondering what if. You are in charge and can make things happen. Why must a person who wants to serve God be ignorant? Have you asked yourself that?

Please keep an open mind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes quandry,

Education is the key to a better means, that cannot be stressed enough

Prisons are filled wit, uneducated folk

And the fact that the prison population is mostly minorities

should be an incentive especially for minorities to educate themselves

so they won't have to resort to a life of menial work or crime

It is true that educated or not some folk are just geared toward trouble

and the WTS can't stop that either way but

The WTS think that goin' to college is the devils play ground