It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Ms gets no pity from me. This is going to come across mean but she had every opportunity to fix how she thought.... she was exposed to reality here and she didn't invest the time or introspection necessary to figure out where the breakdown in her thinking occurred.

CHEEZ

but was she hot? like found sheep hot?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Falcon: but was she hot?

MuthaFalcon, I'm agnostic on that one. But you know I turn to you - the true source of light - when I want to approach anything from the horndog perspective.

Rebel: Perhaps we can find a little by realizing her brainwashing was not undone enough to prevent relapse. Perhaps a future attempt of hers to extricate the Borg brain implants, so to speak, will be successful. I srsly wish more people would read this.

You have a point, Rebel. To be fair, I also applied those harsh words to myself at one time because I spent a year on the fence after my initial crisis of conscience and then tried to make a "comeback" as a JW. If I could ever go back in time and kick my own ass, I'd pick that period. I was a grade-A idiot. That said, I wasn't a member of JWN prior to that and I was still fairly ignorant of the majority of the WT's errors. But perhaps she'll do as I did, sweep her doubts under the rug, only to have them resurface a few months later, and then REALLY start the self-analysis.

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

I must commend you for such courage GrowingGirl20. I hope and pray that you will continue to preach the good news and not let yourself be affected by negative comments.

It is up to you to read the BIBLE and apply it in your life. The Truth stands on its own merits no matter what any of the critics say.

Do not let the actions of individuals or even corporations shake your faith. We dedicated our life to serving Jehovah and submit ourselves to our reigning king Jesus Christ and in due time THEY will resolve all the issues that exist. In due time THEY will also take care of those who oppose his rule.

WE must make sure that we are on Jehovah & Jesus' side when the ends comes. WE cannot afford to let our emotions or the poor judgement of others take us away from our primary mission to preach the good news.

Please keep up the good work, remain alert, listen and do not become discouraged because in the time of the end we will see many things that may cause us sadness.

Lastly, do your own research... this board has some who claim to be free thinkers but have no doubt made their minds up with just part of the picture. Get the whole picture and keep studying.

Your brother and a fellow pioneer,

Optimus Prime

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

optimus, as a pioneer closely following 'God's earthly organization', what are you doing venturing onto apostate sites?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Lastly, do your own research..

Ooops, you might want to think that through since the brothers have "done the research for you." You seem to have a tendency toward "independent thinking" and you know what that leads to....APOSTACY!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ok, the WT Leadership are liars and hypocrites. They do NOT teach, preach or live Christianity. Why would you want to be part of that once you know?

Calling JWs "the best of the rest" is like saying arsenic is less poison than aconitine.

They're BOTH poison. Thirsty?

You're afraid, confused and don't know what to do. But don't return to the abuser. Learn about co-dependent relationships and the Victim Mentality. Learn how the WT continually asserts their control through manipulative, abusive behavior and mind-control tactics.

Empower yourself.

• undercover
    undercover

<------------ sets up the popcorn maker. Might need extra servings... and more booze

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I do feel sad for GG. She knows too much to ever just mindlessly allow them to fill her head with the crap they used to get away with. She lost her virginity(innocence of the perfidy of the org) and she can't ever have it back again. I warned her to be careful because she needs an exit strategy-a husband who can take it or leave it and a career that doesn't depend on the local congregation cronyism (for the janitorial positions). She can survive w/o either of those, but it just makes it another hurdle.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Optimus: Lastly, do your own research... this board has some who claim to be free thinkers but have no doubt made their minds up with just part of the picture. Get the whole picture and keep studying.

Wow, that is the richest thing I've heard this week.

"Do your own research"? Where do you do your own research, Optimus? The WT Library CD? And "made up their minds with just part of the picture"? I'm assuming you get grab a balanced selection of scholarly works when you study, then, right? Do you consider opposing arguments with an open mind, based on the individual merits, evidence and reason? Or do you crack WTBTS publications, highlight sentences, and look up the scriptures they tell you to look up, maybe even paraphrasing them in the margin, so you can make a head-nodding comment at the hall?

Parrot.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Optimus: In due time THEY will also take care of those who oppose his rule.

Ooh, that sounds threatening... Maybe our magical friends should fight to the death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit