It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

msgrowinggirl:

I know that you say "everything is not perfect" and we have to worship "with our power of reason". I am not going to knock you if this is how it feels to YOU. I know you are captivated because the religion has the magic name of Jehovah. So, therefore, he must be supporting it. Right???

But, as far as I was concerned, I could not in good conscience go around knocking on doors and telling people this was "truth" after what I experienced and what I learned. I am sorry about all this. After much reflection, this is what my power of reason told me.

You do what you have to do for yourself and I wish you all the best.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

Let's put aside the fact that you never explained how your prayer was answered....i mean you say you have been praying and then walked in the KH and your prayers was answered? ok?

In any case, it seems that for you it all boils down to the fact that Jehovah Witnesses preach door to door. And while this can't be denied, on what basis can you say that "Jehovah is OBVIOUSLY blessing the preaching work"? In what manner?

I ask because facts are facts. And the facts tell us, that in over 100 years or preaching, the total number of JWs is only 7 million. This is blessing? Even the mormons which also preach, have 14 millions members in the same amount of time, with less hours spent preached. Who's getting blessed?

Look around in your kingdom hall, and one by one try to identify who became a JW because of door to door preaching, and who became a JW because of normal informal witnessing (friends, family). Once you do this, you will realize, like me, that perhaps 2 out of every 100 JWs were actually formally preached to. Again, hardly a blessed work.

With that said, i wish you the best. Remember, no one is saying that God won't reward some JWs, but there is no evidence he will destroy everyone that isn't - on the contrary.

I can go live in Pakistan, and endure their rules and perhaps even have a normal life, raise a family, have a house and nice life. But wouldn't i want to have that same life, in a free country where i can be my own individual and express myself ?

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

I don't think anyone should give her a hard time. As long as she has deeply researched what she needed to research, and has both sides of the argument. Now she is responsible to God for her decision. Best wishes!

• elderelite
    elderelite

I cant agrue overmuch since i still (ugh) serve ad an elder... Know we love you and wish you nothing but the best and happiness. If being a dubbie is what is your informed choice, then may Thor bless you :-)

• okage
    okage

the relationship between jehovah and the follower is personal. jehovah doesnt speak through any organization because he is speaking directly to you. whatever establishment of faith you got when you went to the kingdom hall needs to be examined with that same reasoning you talk about.

if you are praying to jehovah then there is a highly likely chance satan heard it too. knowing for a fact that the society hasnt been working under the direction of the holy spirit you have to reason that any sign establishing faith in a false prophet is a sign commissioned by satan. and this is under both definitions of prophet. as a fortune teller the watchtower society has failed deuteronomy in the criteria for a prophet.

as a mouthpiece for jehovah they have failed. its one thing to say the light gets brighter but they have published one set of understanding only to publish another set that contradicts the former. that isnt the light getting brighter. thats changing the lightbulb.

knowing who the governing body really is behind closed doors. knowing the way they handle abuse in contradiction to the scriptures. knowing what you cant unknow without cognitive dissonance taking play.

its impossible to use reason to accept the sign of faith you got came from anyone but satan.

• Diest
    Diest

Do what you want, and what feels right. All I ask is that you not raise any children in the religion that protects pedophiles, kills them through preventing blood transfusions, and makes them socially awkward outcasts.

So long as you don't procreate you are free to be in whatever religions you want.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

But preaching what? What about those of us that spent the 80's and early 90's telling others that it was GOD'S promise that the "end" would be here before those that saw the events of 1914 passed away? Spin it however you want....that message was false. And it made a liar out of me to everyone I ever talked to. So witnesses preach. So what? All religions preach in some manner otherwise there would be 0 outside growth. The bible (if you do the research on the Greek words used in the book of Acts) does not specify by what means the word would be preached. And what of the message? What I mentioned above was FALSE. Yet it was being preached in hundreds of "lands". God cares that a unified message be preached but he doesn't care about its accuracy? Are millions/billions of people going to lose their lives at the Big A for failing to accept a false message? Moreover.....who says we are even supposed to be preaching now? R U sure we are in the "last days?" If so, why? If 607 BC isn't true then neither is 1914. If 1914 isn't true then we are not in the last days and your worry about who is and is not preaching is completely baseless

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

That being said......I do wish you happiness.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Don't scare her away she is strugling and needs real "apostate" love!!!

As said glad you are thinking don't stop! I had many prayers answered too!!! My last one was..... If a JW cames to my house within the next 6 months and was nice and sincere and asked me to come back I would have. It's been over three years so I guess they didn't want me I learned to be OK with that

Keep thinking it's a hard road to take but well worth it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit