It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• shamus100
    shamus100

** monkey stands at this point in the thread **

PLEASE CHECK YOUR BRAIN HERE BEFORE POSTING. THANK YOU.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hello MsGrowingGirl, your life is one that has slammed you into a very challenging catch 22. You are an innocent bystander in a world of chaos. What seems to have happened is that you are unwilling to give up your family and friends so you are latching onto the threads of contrived reality that the Watchtower serves on their table. You know that they will not be your friends if you are not "convinced." By all means stay with your family and continue speaking with people in the preaching work. But realize that your group is not about convincing anyone, even though they say that they are. So, lets be honest and keep the doctrine out of it. This is about your love for the enviroment and people that are currently in. You have seen what the other side says and you have seen it's validity, but to "give in" to the truth (the truth about the truth that is) means to give up your former life. This is because of the standards imposed upon you by a human enity, not God. Your friends serve men and men are the ones that put you in these impossible circumstances. They simply want to dominate you because it's the only way they know how to operate.

Remember that the regimen that has been imposed upon you has become an addiction. People can get addicted to a lot of things and a good parallel example to yours would be going to the gym. You can do it modestly or you can let it take your entire life away from you. It will be replaced with the perfect figure, however, and the respect from everybody in the world who puts credence in such things. Many people look at that exchange and call it good. The people in your environment flex their spiriutal muscles at each other and to side with the truth would mean to deflate those muscles. They don't want "spirutal noodle arms" around them because it reinforces the reality that they have to work to be spiritual. It doesn't come natural to them because they exist in an environment of domination and chaos. What they feel to be happiness, joy and contentment has been altered within their mind. They now only need a mirror to see their splendor in the world that they refuse to admit they are part of.

Even if you stay with the JW's you don't have to live an imodest life like them. Becuase that's what the Watchtower wants you to do, to give too much of yourself to them. This is YOUR CHOICE even if you decide to stay in their environment. There is nothing wrong with choice because it is always followed by more choices that can be better than the preceding ones. If you choose to stay just know that that you can get addicted to things like religion and watch for that addiction in yourself and others. That's why the Watchtower has to control their environment by means of segregating you from the outside world. It's that they only want you seeking approval and agreement not engaging in truth and progression. If you stay, you can stay to help the people in there get a more balanced view on spirituality. This website, YouTube and others like it can help with that. I'm pulling for you no matter which choice you make.

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty
    Three sundays ago,i was praying and asking God for a sign or something because i was so confused...i told him exactly what i needed to see for me to believe.I was feeling terrible--crying and feeling sick because i was so confused.Ten minutes after, i walked into the kingdom hall and to my surprise--my prayer was answered!

I couldn't begin to tell you how often evangelicals relate these experiences.

They even have a name for it, they call it "laying out a fleece" - I call it "confirmation bias".

If armageddon was to come now...

Ah is that what's worrying you? It will pass. Facts are the antidote to fear.

Keep thinking, keep reading, keep your nerve. Lots of us have been through this.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Yer so gonna regret it some day. I hope you have fun waiting around for Armageddon to come like all the other Sheeple. Best wishes!

Chris-

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Codswallop !

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Ok........... I'll bite...........

If you're serious!

Then.................

Do what feel you need 2 do.........

Only you know......

if you're really Happy!

( Don't b a troll) LOL

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

How was your prayer answered?

• shamus100
    shamus100

** checks brain, posts **

glad yew could tell us 'cuz yew could nuver tell the congregation! This is your life. If it makes you happy, enjoy! :D

** grabs brain, walks away from thread **

• Glander
    Glander

Have a great life.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

This post makes me think of how few people think about the consequences of joining the JWs. You have to give up your family friends, holidays free time etc.... But it is a very big decision when it comes time to leave. Joining and staying is all about emotions and has nothing to do with facts. But leaving is quite the opposite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit