It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

I feel sad for your grief and confusion. Remember that we will be here if and when you need us.

tal

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

MissGrowingGirl20,

I sure hope you are making a rational but emotional decision. Are you bother by the '12 reasons why we preach part' that you had at the meeting last night?

Sweetie, if you read and examine every single points carefully, you know they are not scriptural. One of the points said, "it is requirement for our salvation." Whatever happened to Jesus who said he is the way, truth, life? Our salvation is possible sole because of his ransom sacrifice. It's God's undeserve kindness. We can never earn it by our work. That's the teachings of the Bible.

James 2:26 says that 'faith without works is dead'. JWs use this scripture to support their activities. But that scripture is simply counselling us to live our lives in harmony with teachings of Christ. That is act of kindness and love. We know that is the case if we read entire chapter. They are given examples of Abraham and Rahab for instance. Verse 25 says Rahab declared righteous by works after she had received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way. She acted (not just in word) mercifully. Read 1Corin 13:1-3. and Matt chapter 12. I just don't see how JWs who engage in door to door ministry deligently and yet refuse to give hand to those who's in need. At least that has been the case in my area for years. And I understand my area is hardly unusual in this way.

Besides, God doesn't rely on us human to sanctifiying his name nor does he depend on us to help people gaining knowlege of him. It's Him and His Son who draw people to them(James 4:8, Draw close to God. He will draw close to you). How presumptuous in our part in claiming as if God is too vulnerable in that he must depend on JWs to do his works.

Food for thought.

• GeneM
    GeneM

Growinggirl, just do yourself a favor and start a 401k account, because you're going to grow old and die in this world. Don't hold your breath on that whole new system thing.

• hepcat
    hepcat

You seem very sincere, and heartfelt. But, where in the bible does it say that the faithful and discrete slave class would be represented by ten men of the governing body at world headquarters? They do not take any advice from the remaining remnant still alive partaking.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome hepcat!

• zeb
    zeb

what was it that answered your prayer. ?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I made it a point to welcome you when you first started posting here, so I'm making it a point to say see you around since you'll probably be leaving here for a while. I'm not saying goodbye, because more than likely you'll be back soon. Kep thinking and searching. You'll find your way.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You have a simple choice in easing your fears . . .

Either spend some time looking more deeply at things and understand their true nature . . . or go with what you've got and hope it's true. Nobody can make that decision for you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Bullshit MsGrowingGirl, The WTS is certainly the WORST of the rest, do yourself and the people in your neighbourhood a favour and quit peddling your printing company's message of doom, it's abusive dirty unchristlike garbage, wake up girl.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm sorry to see you go.

Pop in some time and let us know how you are doing.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit