It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

It doesn't look like she's even read any of the replies. This thread was her bow out. Now she has gone back to being a false prophet.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If something is true you should believe it, if it isn't then you shouldn't. If it can't be proven either way then you should suspend belief.

I find the line of "reasoning" that "it's the closest thing to the truth, therefore I will believe in it" to be illogical.

Try these on for size:

• It's almost true, so I believe it.
    • It's nearly true, so I believe it.
    • It's Present Truth TM , so I believe it.
    • Where else would I go, so I believe it.

You can probably think of some more JW-isms along these lines. I think they are just lame.

Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life." - John 14:6

He did NOT say, "I am close to the way, almost the truth, and kind of the life."

It would be one thing if the WTBTS simply taught what can be known about Christianity. But their assertions that they alone possess The Truth when it is abundantly clear that they do not make them scary. And the fact that they brand all who would disagree with their often ridiculous "theology" as "mentally diseased apostates" proves how messed up they really are.

Let's review: It's a cult. Don't walk, RUN AWAY!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

double post ... not sure why, but that's been happening a lot lately!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Just as others have said, your post makes me feel sad for you. I want you to go and grab everything this life has to offer you and not be ruled by a legalistic publishing company that pretends to represent the almighty. Nevertheless, I do wish you well, and a part of me hopes and expects to see you back here before long. One thing is for sure, you will be welcomed unconditionally. Keep that in mind sweetheart as you try and fit yourself back into the JW mould.

Take good care of yourself.

Loz x

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

I like the way 00DAD said it...

• It's almost true, so I believe it.
    • It's nearly true, so I believe it.
    • It's Present Truth TM , so I believe it.
    • Where else would I go, so I believe it.

SO It could also be stated this way:

• It's partly false, but I will believe it anyway...
    • It's mostly false, but I will believe it anyway...
    • It's most likely tomorrows FALSE TEACHINGS but I believe it anyway :)
    • I could go anywhere because what I'm told I know... changes anyway...

Sw

• optimusprime
    optimusprime

Believe it or not both sources such as the sites out there and the Watchtower publications have provided me great insight into the organization. I do not worship an organization I worship Jehovah and submit to Jesus as ruler.

Perhaps for some of you I am somewhat different. Frankly most of what I am hearing is NOT apostasy but rather disgruntled exJWs and others that are feeding on few articles that while true have ultimately been sensationalized.

It is sad that some on this board and elsewhere let anger rather than sound reasoning guide them.

That being said let me make it clear that I am watching the Organization and I examine its actions according to scriptural precedent. I will have to be one of the ones that says that local elders, pioneers and publishers all make mistakes. I will also say that some in my faith did not have a proper understanding of all the issues and that cases such as the one in the news now will make all of us be more alert to take better care of our brothers and sisters and especially our young ones.

Yoda says it the best:

"Fear leads to anger, Anger leads to hate, Hate leads to Suffering."

Optimus - Free Thinker In Disguise

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Sayswho, I liked the way you rephrased my post.

Any way you slice it, it's still bullshit.

In retrospect it is STILL hard to understand why they swallow it down without hardly chewing. (I did for 25 years and I still can't figure it out.)

I'm embarrassed I ever believed this shit and ashamed that I was ever part of this religion, especially considering their public response to the results of the trial in California. The Governing Body are fucking cowards and should all be disfellowshipped for their lies, corruption and complicity in criminal behavior.

Shame on you!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Optimusprime said:

Perhaps for some of you I am somewhat different. Frankly most of what I am hearing is NOT apostasy but rather disgruntled exJWs and others that are feeding on few articles that while true have ultimately been sensationalized.

My reply: The WT disagrees with you, and says that we are apostates...and considers this site and similar sites as apostate site...spewing apostasy. So you are in direct disagreement with the WT?

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Thank you all for all your replies. I really do appreciate it.

• Diest
    Diest

We appreciate you; we are trying to show love and tough love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit