It took me a long time to write this...i'm staying.

by MsGrowingGirl20 110 Replies latest jw experiences

• extractor
    extractor

Ms. GG,

When doing the preaching work will you be offering "full disclosure"?

Will you inform the homeowners that if they join, they will never be allowed to leave without severe consequences?

Will you inform them of the long list of scandals & false prophesies that you are well aware? Or will you keep that your secret?

If there are children in the homes you visit, will you warn the parents of the paedophiles scattered throughout the rank & file so they can make good decisions for their families?

If God had an organization (he doesn't) could this one really be it? Mormons also preach door to door as do some mainline Christians.

Can you in good conscience bring "the truth" to people without telling them the entire truth?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Are you troubled and confused. Jesus invites you to come to Him...not to an organization. Let Him give you His peace. Rest in His work for you. Don't put into the hands of men, that which belongs to God alone. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, trust Him, not men in New York.

• Fernando
    Fernando

For a rock solid sign of whether the WBTS really is what and who they say they are:

1. What percentage of the Bible's references to the "good news" are by Paul?
    2. Should "publishers of the good news" believe, teach, yield to, and obey the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, and Psalms?
    3. If they do not, are they apostate?
    4. Is "legalism" apostasy?
    5. Is replicating the "experiment that failed" apostasy?
  • still thinking
    still thinking

Good luck with that MsGrowingGirl20...reality can be a bit scary...but not as scary as a cult.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well MsGrowing---make yourself happy. I do hope that your ministry is a horribly unsuccessful. I have a hard time thinking that you will continue working full time to pull the unsuspecting into the cult. Think about that. It's fine if you are happy there---but to pull others into the misery will bring you regret should you open your eyes again. When you talk about the news at the doors, offer the article on the 20 million dollar award offered to a woman who was abused as a tiny girl, had her innocence stolen, became addicted to drugs and suffered PTSD because the men that Jehovah is leading failed to protect her.

Change is difficult. You are not ready. Don't ensnare others.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Girl, unfortunately you lack reasoning ability and critical thinking skills. I read your 'revelation' and was quite disappointed to see that during your time here you have learned absolutely nothing. They are the best of what's available? Really? Explain? Best compared to what? The JW standards, and how close they can measure to that?

Hopefully you wake up before your life passes you by and you spend you life serving man and expecting the elusive prize that the governing body dangles as a carrott before you eyes. I tend to doubt your honesty and much of what you have stated here, but still hope one day you will wake up. You sound very ignorant and very immature. My take.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Hope the best for you. It depends on the circumstances you are in at the time. I once was a zealous regular pioneer and enjoyed it with the association at the KH. Everything for years was beautiful until some fluctuating teachings of the WTS trapped me. I had to decide whether to kick my grown df daughter out on the street or go against the WTS teaching at the time and let her stay home. Some might say that the WTS does not teach that today, but they did when my daughter was living with me. Also I experience very unChristian behavior among the elder body when I was an elder.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Well, it's been a few days. I think she's really gone. Ms gets no pity from me. This is going to come across mean but she had every opportunity to fix how she thought.... she was exposed to reality here and she didn't invest the time or introspection necessary to figure out where the breakdown in her thinking occurred.

Anyone who joins this forum with doubts, uncovers just a handful of unknown facts about the WTBTS, and engages in conversation about the fundamentally flawed system... cannot plead ignorance.

Then she asks for a sign while walking into a KH and interprets some random event as her message to return... Forget confirmation bias, that's utter stupidity. She doesn't even get a pass on being ignorant, in my book. Maybe I'm a jerk. Maybe she'll lurk one day and read this and be filled with disgust for me and other "apostates" - I couldn't care less.

To me this is almost a natural selection kind of thing. The weaker animal gets gobbled up by the predator. So be it. I sure as hell won't be plead for her to wake up. Fool me once....

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

I think I know what the "sign" may have been. She was asked to do a demo or ***gasp*** share in a part in the district convention. This makes soooo much sense because it's no secret reg pios get asked all the time to handle special "priveledges" I bet I nailed it

• rebel8
    rebel8

cheezits, I totally understand where you're coming from. It's one thing for an adult to wreck her own life, but being a dub requires her to also try hard to wreck others' lives by misleading them about things she knows aren't true. Sympathy is hard to come by in this situation.

Perhaps we can find a little by realizing her brainwashing was not undone enough to prevent relapse. Perhaps a future attempt of hers to extricate the Borg brain implants, so to speak, will be successful.

I srsly wish more people would read this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit